Option to include rebuys in payout structure

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
tslaftw

Option to include rebuys in payout structure

Post by tslaftw »

Hello,

I haven't been able to find this as an option and functionally it seems that only the actual player account determines the tiers for payout structure.

For example, if the payout structure dictates 10-15 entries pays 3 places. Say we have 14 players but a total of 17 buyins after 3 rebuys, it still only pays 3 places.

Is there a way to change this behavior? Could it possibly be added?

Thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Option to include rebuys in payout structure

Post by Kent Briggs »

The payout structure is based on the number of people. Rebuys and add-ons are not extra people. Getting other people to rebuy is a main benefit for people who don't need to rebuy: it increases the prizepool without stretching the payouts.
tslaftw

Post by tslaftw »

As a player who fully supports others rebuying and fully supports top-heavy payouts, I agree.

As a host of a site where people would like the option for the payout structure to be based off total buyins vs # of players...not so much.
ttrahan

Post by ttrahan »

+1 to make this an option that can be set by the admin. Our home game encourages rebuys and we choose to pay more places as the prize pool increases. The additional places being paid also tends to encourage more rebuys, particularly approaching the end of the rebuy period when the ROI on a rebuy may be questionable.

With the current player-count based structure, I have to manually adjust all payouts based on what the software calculated as the payouts vs. what we decided.