Poker Mavens on Google Mesh Wifi

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
EnjoyLife

Poker Mavens on Google Mesh Wifi

Post by EnjoyLife »

I had Poker Mavens trial working on my old network setup. I got a Google Mesh with 2 access points and have that all set up now. I went in to port management and forwarded 8087 & 8088 on TCP to my desktop. However, whenever trying to log into the Poker Mavens game now (with the correct password), it doesn't appear to be connecting to my server. We get "This site can’t be reached (Masking my IP) took too long to respond.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"

When I have seen this before on another guy's set up, it's because his IP address changed on his PC and I showed him how to forward his router to the new IP.

How do I verify my system is set up correctly for Mavens and that it is indeed the Google Nest not allowing access? I am on chat with Google Nest now to see if they can get it resolved as well.
EnjoyLife

Re: Poker Mavens on Google Mesh Wifi

Post by EnjoyLife »

Google chats states, "Alright. Upon checking your network, the port forwarding you setup reflects on my end."
EnjoyLife

Post by EnjoyLife »

On my Windows Firewall Allowed Apps, Poker Mavens Server is set to allow for Private and Public.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

EnjoyLife wrote:How do I verify my system is set up correctly for Mavens and that it is indeed the Google Nest not allowing access?
Is you Local IP Address different than before? That's typically what changes and needs to be updated in your port forward settings in your router. Use this guide and check everything from the beginning:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/PortForward.htm
EnjoyLife

Post by EnjoyLife »

Local IP is correct. Google looks like it goes by device (I hope) so that it will continually stay up on current local IP. I figured it out though. On the off chance, I went into Mavens and double clicked Internet IP address. It had updated and is now working. Thank you for your quick response.