@2x graphics for retina displays

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
d416

@2x graphics for retina displays

Post by d416 »

Hi Kent,

My friends and I have stared playing home games with your great software.

I've noticed several folks have had trouble discerning the graphics (suits) w/o changing to 4-color deck.
I'm personally playing on a 13" laptop with retina display, and I was having trouble myself…the cards appear a bit "fuzzy"

I looked at the card file in template section realized that it only has one resolution available and not an additional @2x file for retina displays.
I took it upon myself to start a double sized card file if you able (and interested) in using it.
This file only includes the 3's, the 10C, and a simple back for testing purposes.

I see that you have the card file as an inline parameter, so I'm not sure how it would work there, but if you can move it to the css file it should be pretty easy.

https://css-tricks.com/responsive-images-css/

Let me know if you are interested in perusing this, and I can make the full deck in 2 and 4 color.

Cheers
Attachments
Cards@2x.png
[email protected] (52.46 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: @2x graphics for retina displays

Post by Kent Briggs »

d416 wrote:Let me know if you are interested in perusing this, and I can make the full deck in 2 and 4 color.
All the table graphics need to be scaled together and I don't plan to adjust the resolution before version 7 since that will be "breaking" change.
d416

Re: @2x graphics for retina displays

Post by d416 »

Thanks for the reply!

We'll look forward to V7.

Luckily (at least with regular websites) the css can dynamically use the high-res graphics where appropriate, so if it works the same in your software it'll hopefully be an easy upgrade for you.

Keep up the great work!
Custom Poker Mavens Tables - https://mavenstables.com/