For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 6.17 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Upgrade page:

http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

Changes:

Added LevelNumber and LevelSeconds (seconds remaining in current level) fields to TournamentsStats API.

Added Level number and Next Blinds fields to Stats tab in player client.

Mouseover (and longpress) on Total Pot box now shows statistics. So now you can see those same stats just by passing the mouse cursor over the Total box at the top of the table (or long press on mobile). These numbers update at the end of each hand so not exactly the "level clock on the table" feature that many have been asking for, but a half step in that direction.

Local IP Address setting now shows full IP list when set to "All". Previously you had to double-click that setting to actually see your local IP (which you could not do while online).

Double Rebuy button no longer displays when Max Rebuys = 1. No reason to display this if 2 rebuys are not allowed.

Fixed Pro edition not holding "SSL Encryption" setting on restart. In 6.16 (when SSL was added to the Pro version), you would have to flip this on each time after a restart.

Fixed small blind skipping exploit. In a ring game, if you sitout both blinds and come back in before the BB hits you, you have to post the SB directly to the pot and also post a BB. This used to work correctly, not sure where it was broken.

Fixed unregister ticket refund bug. In certain situations on a recurring tournament, a player would get refunded the buy-in instead of his ticket when unregistering.

Fixed floating point roundoff error on displayed pot amount. The amount written next to the pot would sometimes differ by 0.01 chips from the actual Total pot amount.

Negative balances now sort correctly on Accounts tab.
stamas

Re: Poker Mavens 6.17 Released

Post by stamas »

Thanks, Kent! Poker Mavens has helped my friends and I stay sane during these quarantine times.
hpolack

Post by hpolack »

Very thoughtful to keep pushing for the requests and quick fixes. I echo the comments of the last poster. My friends and I have something to look forward to now each week and even reunited with old neighbors and old friends who moved out of town. I appreciate your work!
malcolmd

Post by malcolmd »

Thanks for the hard work!
msandler

Post by msandler »

we updated to v6.17 and put it online this morning. whenever someone tries to connect for the first time post-update they are getting a client/server mismatch error. if they refresh or clear cache, they're able to get in fine and it's back to normal moving forward. but after fielding a steady barrage of text messages and having to give that simple instruction all morning, is there anything we can do on our end to fix it and pre-empt the error?

thanks again for all your hard work and such a fantastic product!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

msandler wrote:we updated to v6.17 and put it online this morning. whenever someone tries to connect for the first time post-update they are getting a client/server mismatch error. if they refresh or clear cache, they're able to get in fine and it's back to normal moving forward. but after fielding a steady barrage of text messages and having to give that simple instruction all morning, is there anything we can do on our end to fix it and pre-empt the error?
I'd be curious to know which browsers are doing this the most. The code links in the web app all include a "crc" parameter than changes with every update. A proper running browser should know not to cache that link since it has changed since the last load. Anyway the default error message seems pretty clear to me as to what to do:

"Client/Server version mismatch. Click your browser's refresh button or clear your browser's cache/temporary files to force a new client download."

But you can Enabled Custom Language 1 in the Client Settings group and change that text in the Language tab in the Misc Messages group.