Generating an email list of tournament participants

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
all1word

Generating an email list of tournament participants

Post by all1word »

Hi. After running a tournament, I'd love a way to generate an email list of everyone who played so that I can send them the results. Right now, from tourney results I can get their table name and place. But I end up sending out to people I think played so inevitably miss some.

Is this something I need to write a script for?

And then the follow up since I don't know how to write scripts... can anyone do this for me? Happy to pay some beer $.

thx!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Generating an email list of tournament participants

Post by Kent Briggs »

To do it manually you would need to reference the TourneyResults list and Ctrl-click each player in the Accounts tab to select them individually. And then either click the Export button on the toolbar to export their email addresses to a text file or click the Lists button and add them to a "buddy list" and use the internal emailer.

To automate it with code you would use the API to fetch the tournament results, loop through that to fetch each player's email address from their account settings, and then mail out the message.
all1word

Post by all1word »

Thx Kent for the reply (and for all your prompt replies).

"To automate it with code you would use the API to fetch the tournament results, loop through that to fetch each player's email address from their account settings, and then mail out the message."

So this is what I want to do... but have no idea how to do it. ;)

Anyone done it before or willing to do it for some beer $?
DuffCal

Post by DuffCal »

all1word wrote:Thx Kent for the reply (and for all your prompt replies).

"To automate it with code you would use the API to fetch the tournament results, loop through that to fetch each player's email address from their account settings, and then mail out the message."

So this is what I want to do... but have no idea how to do it. ;)

Anyone done it before or willing to do it for some beer $?

I would also be willing to pay money if someone wanted to help with this. I would have no clue how to code this.

DuffCal
Meezer

Post by Meezer »

DuffCal, I could do this for you. Let's PM if possible.
Meezer
Meezer

Post by Meezer »

Oh, I didn't realize that all1word was the original poster. I'd be happy to work with you as well.
Meezer
all1word

Post by all1word »

LB Finer did this for me and he was great... walked me through it and kept troubleshooting it. His email: [email protected]