For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 6.16 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Upgrade page:

http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

Changes:

Welcome to all the new customers who have discovered Poker Mavens during this virus pandemic. This is where I announce updates. If you want to get a notice of these, sign up for the newsletter feature or follow the Briggs Softworks twitter feed as described here: http://www.briggsoft.com/news.htm

These minor version updates are free to version 6.xx customers. Get the appropriate Lite, Pro, or Gold update from the link at the top. Before running, take your site offline and close it. The patch will look for a previous 6.xx version, extract the full setup program for the latest version, and prompt you to run it. Do that and go through the default prompts and overwrite the old version. You will not lose any settings, tables, or accounts.

New changes in version 6.16:

Enabled SSL encryption settings for Pro version. Merry Christmas. Did this mainly because Chrome now to labels all http connections as "Not Secure" and so I figured the "Professional" version should be able to make https connections by now. Previously this was only enabled in the Gold edition. See item 17 in the FAQ for more info on SSL: http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm

Fixed the Pause function in Ring Games so that Players can still buy-in or leave. This is for all the people who are using Poker Mavens to replicate their home game where you like to play in a ring table format but not start until everyone shows up. Previously the Pause function (see Action button menu on Ring Games toolbar) would freeze all table activity. Now the admin can pause the table before anyone arrives. It will display a "Table is Paused" banner on the table graphic. Players can take a seat and click their Start button. When the last one arrives, the admin can select Resume on the Action button menu and off you go.

Changed "Break Interval" from minutes to levels in Tournament settings. This was necessary so that you could get your Add-On period to align with a rest break. It was not working in 6.00 to 6.15 using minutes. Everyone will need to review all of their tournaments that have rest breaks enabled. For the ones with "Break Sync" = Yes, nothing needs to be done. In those cases the Break Interval represents minutes past the hour, same as before. But if "Break Sync" = No, you will need to change the old value (which was in minutes) to a new value representing the number of levels between breaks. You can simply divide the old number by your Level Duration value to get the equivalent of what you had before. If you want your Add-on period to align with your first rest break, set Break Sync = No and Break Interval equal to your Rebuy Levels.

Resize function no longer allows table windows to be taller than screen. Previously this would cause the top of the table to go above the screen edge so that it could no longer be moved (unless you selected the Arrange Windows function in the lobby menu). Now table windows will revert back to the default size if resizing stretches them too far.

Fixed TableName startup parameter truncation bug. Previously it wasn't allowing more than 25 characters in this URL parameter: http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/T ... tartup.htm

Fixed Razz Bounty field bug, added Place field in tourney knockout callback. This bug occurred because it was ignoring the low hand winner (which is the only winner in Razz) when triggering the callback. The callback also now reports the finishing place of the person that was knocked out the tournament.

Added Version and License fields to SystemStats output in API. This was by request.

Increased cached hands to a 1000 for LogsHandHistory API. Also by request.

Removed outdated protocols (SSL 1/2/3 and TLS 1.0) in SSL IO Handlers. This leaves TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 remaining. All browsers should support these by now.
nate7

Re: Poker Mavens 6.16 Released

Post by nate7 »

Awesome work Kent. Very much appreciated!! We'll especially be enjoying the SSL, the pause feature before the game starts, and the resize fix.
hpolack

Post by hpolack »

Thank you! As a new member of team Maven, I have to say we really enjoyed the software. I had our first Home Game online with our club guys this past week and it was a real blessing. We have been playing together for 4 years, so it was tough not to be able to play. Thank you for the software and the upgrade. The pause fix could not come at a better time and I am going to upgrade to "Pro" to further support your work.
codeman00

Post by codeman00 »

Thank you so much for fixing the Window size bug. Several of my players kept doing that I still don't know how. One was older and it took forever to teach him how to fix it (by audio commands only).

Also thanks for the cash game table pause to get people seated. That was the only other big problem I had.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

codeman00 wrote:Thank you so much for fixing the Window size bug. Several of my players kept doing that I still don't know how.
Another customer figured it out and showed me that if you grabbed the resize triangle in the bottom right corner and moved straight right (instead of diagonally down and right) you could stretch the table bottom below the screen edge. And if you went so far that the window grew taller than the screen, that's when the trouble occurred. How anybody did this by accident, I have no idea.
codeman00

Post by codeman00 »

Kent Briggs wrote:
codeman00 wrote:Thank you so much for fixing the Window size bug. Several of my players kept doing that I still don't know how.
Another customer figured it out and showed me that if you grabbed the resize triangle in the bottom right corner and moved straight right (instead of diagonally down and right) you could stretch the table bottom below the screen edge. And if you went so far that the window grew taller than the screen, that's when the trouble occurred. How anybody did this by accident, I have no idea.
This happened with 3 different players at my single table home game (the first game I had). I have no idea either!
BO1LER

Post by BO1LER »

Kent-
The "Skip Break" button did not appear in my tournament tonight. I changed to levels instead of minutes.
Break Sync off.

Was the button supposed to appear? We like it to.
Mike
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

BO1LER wrote:The "Skip Break" button did not appear in my tournament tonight.
It will only appear on the final table of a tournament. Did you have more than one table going when the break occurred?
BO1LER

Post by BO1LER »

Ah ha. Yes. 11 remained at the time.
Thank you.
michaelmlevin

Post by michaelmlevin »

Love the new release! ! ! Especially the addition of SSL to the pro version and the change to the rest period. One comment/question however. I THOUGHT that if the break period was set to the same value as the rebuy period, you could rebuy through the end of that break. I tested it, and the rebuy period ends BEFORE (or more accurately, simultaneously with the beginning of) the break. Is that the intended behavior?