General Questions

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
hpolack

General Questions

Post by hpolack »

If I pause a game on the server admin, I can then wait for a comfortable amount of players to start the game. The game starts automatically in a Ring game as soon as there are two players it seems. Is there any way of saying wait for x (5 players) before starting the play? I know that is the case for the Tournaments. I would rather not manually control from the server "unpausing" the game.

Mobile App is difficult to see on an Apple phone and really any Android, but worse on Apple. For the below Apple, they were not able to click on "Full Screen". Also, the Chat took up 50% of the screen. At least on the Android, it was smaller. Ideally, it would be great if the text was smaller and the window stayed at the bottom allowing a full screen and only blocking the screen when a player wants to type. WTP app would be an example, but I know that is a Native app versus responsive design. I guess I would like to figure out how to make it more playable with the current software and put in requests for changes later. Can you control the size of the chat window by control text size or how can I make the experience better. I have included an image of the iPhone 11 Promax and my Android 3XL.
Attachments
A little better on Android can go full screen
A little better on Android can go full screen
Android 3XL.png (145.14 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
Chat takes half the window and no full screen.  Almost unplayable.
Chat takes half the window and no full screen. Almost unplayable.
iPhone 11 ProMax.png (103.04 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: General Questions

Post by Kent Briggs »

hpolack wrote:If I pause a game on the server admin, I can then wait for a comfortable amount of players to start the game. The game starts automatically in a Ring game as soon as there are two players it seems. Is there any way of saying wait for x (5 players) before starting the play? I know that is the case for the Tournaments. I would rather not manually control from the server "unpausing" the game.
This will be made a little easier in the next update (6.16) as I've fixed the pause function so that players can buy-in or leave while the table is paused. Currently all table functions freeze while paused.
Mobile App is difficult to see on an Apple phone and really any Android, but worse on Apple. For the below Apple, they were not able to click on "Full Screen".
iPhones can also be made to go full screen. Alert your players to these tips: http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/MobileTips.htm
hpolack

Post by hpolack »

Thanks for the feedback. This is the second time you had to direct me back to information that was already available and I knew where it was, sorry. The part I was not sure of, was why the chat window is taking up half the screen on the iPhone and if I could control the message screen size somehow in the mobile responsive design experience?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

hpolack wrote:The part I was not sure of, was why the chat window is taking up half the screen on the iPhone and if I could control the message screen size somehow in the mobile responsive design experience?
The table graphic has a fixed aspect ratio and it automatically fills all the vertical space available. That determines how wide it can be. The chat window just fills in that extra space. Turning off the URL header per the tips mentioned above will allow the graphic to grow taller and thus proportionally wider, which will in turn reduce the chat box width.
hpolack

Post by hpolack »

This will be made a little easier in the next update (6.16) as I've fixed the pause function so that players can buy-in or leave while the table is paused. Currently, all table functions freeze while paused.
Can people enter the table when it is frozen or by saying you will allow buy-in in the next release, the suggestion you can leave and can't enter a table?

How can I not have the game start playing with just two people? Tell them not to "Start" when they sit down or how?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

hpolack wrote:Can people enter the table when it is frozen
Currently a player can click on a seat but they'll get no response until the table is resumed. That will be fixed soon.
How can I not have the game start playing with just two people?
Wait for the update. In mean time, they would have to sit one down one at a time, click Start, and check the Sit Out box before the next person took their seat. Ring games were designed to run continuously with 2 or more players present.
BO1LER

Post by BO1LER »

Kent Briggs wrote:
hpolack wrote:If I pause a game on the server admin, I can then wait for a comfortable amount of players to start the game. The game starts automatically in a Ring game as soon as there are two players it seems. Is there any way of saying wait for x (5 players) before starting the play? I know that is the case for the Tournaments. I would rather not manually control from the server "unpausing" the game.
This will be made a little easier in the next update (6.16) as I've fixed the pause function so that players can buy-in or leave while the table is paused. Currently all table functions freeze while paused.
Mobile App is difficult to see on an Apple phone and really any Android, but worse on Apple. For the below Apple, they were not able to click on "Full Screen".
iPhones can also be made to go full screen. Alert your players to these tips: http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/MobileTips.htm
I have 6.16 but have same issue. If I'm not around to pause the game, is there a way for the game to wait for several players? I can instruct players to buy in and sit out if that's the only solution.
Thanks.
Mike
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

BO1LER wrote:If I'm not around to pause the game, is there a way for the game to wait for several players?
Not currently but if you trust at least one of them, you can give them access to the remote admin interface and let them pause/resume.
BO1LER

Post by BO1LER »

Kent Briggs wrote:
BO1LER wrote:If I'm not around to pause the game, is there a way for the game to wait for several players?
Not currently but if you trust at least one of them, you can give them access to the remote admin interface and let them pause/resume.
Oh my! Gives me cold shivers just thinking about that. :o
I'll work on training them to buy-in and sit out!
hpolack

Post by hpolack »

Oh my! It gives me cold shivers just thinking about that. :o
I'll work on training them to buy-in and sit out!
Not going to happen, trust or no trust, I am with you. :lol: