New admin - A whole lot of questions

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
BossJr

New admin - A whole lot of questions

Post by BossJr »

Hey fellow maven users

I have a whole lot of questions on both the front and back of the software.
I'm a new gold user from Denmark and absolute loving the software, but I have questions there need to be answered..
So below this small description, there will be a list with all the things I hope I can get some answers to.

1) is it possible to see a log over who and when users sends chip to one another?? ( Maybe with new software )
2) Is it possible to see who and when I have added chips to someones account? ( maybe under their useradministration for easy organizing? )
3) What do "RING" mean?
4) I have one user who sometimes gonna get kicked off the software (Logged out) without him doing it. Its only this user? Any reasons, maybe a fix?
5) Can I change the time and date settings in the Lobby where you can see logged in users? Its showing AM and PM but we don't use that in Denmark.
6) Is it possible if my users are all in on the table, the game can slow down so people have time to think on there next move all the way to the end game? It all happens so fast when we are all in and its driving me crazy,
7) Where do I open a "Sit n' Go" table? I can't really find it in the administration?

Im sorry on behalf of my English, it could be better.

Best regards
Martin Jensen from Denmark. :)
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: New admin - A whole lot of questions

Post by Kent Briggs »

BossJr wrote: 1) is it possible to see a log over who and when users sends chip to one another?? ( Maybe with new software )
2) Is it possible to see who and when I have added chips to someones account? ( maybe under their useradministration for easy organizing? )
Every chip transaction is recorded in the Event Log. Recent events are recorded on the Logs tab but every event is recorded to text files in the data folder. You can see the location of the data folder by clicking the Help button on the System tab toolbar. In addition there is a standalone Event Log Viewer utility here: http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... .htm#eview
3) What do "RING" mean?
A ring game is just a non-tournament table where players can join and leave whenever they want.
4) I have one user who sometimes gonna get kicked off the software (Logged out) without him doing it. Its only this user? Any reasons, maybe a fix?
Check the Event Log and see what it shows for that player. Players can get logged out after a certain amount of idle time if they aren't interacting with the software. The default value is 60 minutes but that can be set my the admin: System tab -> Server Settings -> Max idle minutes

Players can also just have poor internet connections. The client software automatically tries to reconnect on disconnects though.
5) Can I change the time and date settings in the Lobby where you can see logged in users? Its showing AM and PM but we don't use that in Denmark.
You can use the Language tab and blank out the AM and PM strings but it's still going to display in 12-hour format.
6) Is it possible if my users are all in on the table, the game can slow down so people have time to think on there next move all the way to the end game? It all happens so fast when we are all in and its driving me crazy,
Each ring table and tournament has a "Turn Clock" setting. It defaults to 30 seconds but the admin can adjust that from 20 to 120 seconds. There is also a "Time bank" setting (0 to 600 seconds) where players can request more time.
7) Where do I open a "Sit n' Go" table? I can't really find it in the administration?
Set System Tab -> Client Settings -> Sit and Go tab -> Yes
Then any tournament that has "Start when full" set to Yes will appear in that tab in the client. In the server console, tournaments and sit an go's all appear in the same list.
BossJr

Post by BossJr »

Kent Briggs wrote:
BossJr wrote:
Every chip transaction is recorded in the Event Log. Recent events are recorded on the Logs tab but every event is recorded to text files in the data folder. You can see the location of the data folder by clicking the Help button on the System tab toolbar. In addition there is a standalone Event Log Viewer utility here: http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... .htm#eview
Perfect, i was hoping for some software where I possibly could put in the users username and then see all information and logs on this user under different tabs. It would take forever to search through the log when I have between 5 and 15 users online at all times. :-)
You can use the Language tab and blank out the AM and PM strings but it's still going to display in 12-hour format.
Thank you, thats perfect!
Each ring table and tournament has a "Turn Clock" setting. It defaults to 30 seconds but the admin can adjust that from 20 to 120 seconds. There is also a "Time bank" setting (0 to 600 seconds) where players can request more time.
Yeah, but thats for the complete game, is there maybe an option to slow down the hands and such when all in and not the whole game?

And just a quick question more..

What about when the user is ALL-IN, is there an option to play Run it twice, or Is that maybe in the version 6 i waiting one to try with happiness?

Best regards and super on the really quick reply Kent! You are the man!

- Martin Jensen
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

BossJr wrote:Yeah, but thats for the complete game, is there maybe an option to slow down the hands and such when all in and not the whole game?
A player that needs more time to decide on their move can click their "Request Time" button and use their time bank. If you just want a longer pause before the next hand is dealt then set "Showdown seconds" in the Client Settings group on the System tab. The default is 2 seconds but you can extend that up to 15 seconds. Note that players can review any recent hand played by looking at the Hand History feature on the table menu.
What about when the user is ALL-IN, is there an option to play Run it twice, or Is that maybe in the version 6 i waiting one to try with happiness?
Sorry, "run it twice" will not be in version 6.