For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 5.22 (and 4.51) Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Upgrade page:

http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

Changes:

Fixed Chrome browser audio mute bug. Google made a change in Chrome version 66 to stop web sites from auto-playing sound unless the user clicked on something first. This broke the audio in the poker client but is now fixed in version 4.51 and 5.22.

Also fixed the docs in 5.22 that referenced 48x48 pixel avatars, which now states the correct 32x32 size.
harrythree

Re: Poker Mavens 5.22 (and 4.51) Released

Post by harrythree »

I just did an update to 5.22 and it looks like the update went fine but when I restarted the game server, my Accounts list was not correct.

It looks like it loaded a version of my Accounts from a month or so ago. Any idea why this would happen? And is there anywhere that I can get back my most recent Accounts list?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

harrythree wrote:It looks like it loaded a version of my Accounts from a month or so ago.
The only way that could be possible is if you logged into a different Windows account than before. The version 5 accounts are all stored in a single Accounts.db database file located in your data folder. But the data folder path is dependent on your Windows user name:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Poker Mavens 5\

Also check your Event Log files and see if they are continued from the previous version.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Also check your error logs in the data folder. If for some reason the program couldn't update your Accounts.db file for the last month, it should be full of error messages.
harrythree

Post by harrythree »

It looks like event logs and hand histories are all current. I also checked the last ErrorLog and I have a ton of these error messages:

2018-05-06 08:05:32|AccountsThread.Execute error: SQLite3 error: cannot rollback - no transaction is active
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

harrythree wrote:It looks like event logs and hand histories are all current. I also checked the last ErrorLog and I have a ton of these error messages:

2018-05-06 08:05:32|AccountsThread.Execute error: SQLite3 error: cannot rollback - no transaction is active
Yeah something went wrong there and it stopped the database updates. You can manually restore accounts balances by finding the last transaction recorded for each player in the event logs.
harrythree

Post by harrythree »

I checked to see if there were other accounts on the server that could have loaded a different Roaming copy of Accounts.db but there aren't any other accounts. So I don't understand how an older copy could have been loaded if there aren't other copies to load. Does Mavens hold Accounts in memory before writing them to Sqlite?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

harrythree wrote:I checked to see if there were other accounts on the server that could have loaded a different Roaming copy of Accounts.db but there aren't any other accounts. So I don't understand how an older copy could have been loaded if there aren't other copies to load.
Yeah, the issue is definitely the database errors. It's important to monitor that Logs tab. Don't let a month go by without checking.
Does Mavens hold Accounts in memory before writing them to Sqlite?
Yes, it only reads the database at startup. Everything is held is memory and changes are saved on-the-fly back to the database.