Poker Mavens Mobile App

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
harrythree

Re: Poker Mavens Mobile App

Post by harrythree »

I think you may have commented on youtube too. You can email me harrythree at gmail or message me on Skype: harrythree
harrythree

Post by harrythree »

I'm working on some new features for the mobile app and I need beta testers.

I need testers for both iOS and Android and I'm limiting the first round to 20 testers.

Email me your email address or add it here if you are interested (harrythree at gmail).

Once I get some people signed up, I'll schedule a day/time to have the first test game.

If you've been curious about the mobile app, this is a great time to try it out!
BitingBummer

Post by BitingBummer »

Hi,
What is the status of the app? Is it still under development?
social

Post by social »

Harry seems to have given up on the project, unfortunately.
Not lucrative enough for all the work and effort involved, I assume.
Pity, I was really interested in what he was doing with Node.js
harrythree

Post by harrythree »

social wrote:Harry seems to have given up on the project, unfortunately.
Not lucrative enough for all the work and effort involved, I assume.
Pity, I was really interested in what he was doing with Node.js
I haven't had a lot of time to put in a lot of work on the mobile app in the last year. The first version of the mobile app had a lot of the basic functionality to play ring games.

I recently started messing with building a desktop app. I've been messing with some architecture ideas that could share code between desktop and mobile, probably using React/React Native and Redux.

I've been building a large GraphQL app at work so it would be cool to do something with GraphQL, Node.js, and Poker Mavens!
bestazy

Post by bestazy »

Hi!
I tried this app

But when i open with iPhone7 for example, the site is very stretched, and you do not see it like in the pictures shown in Mobile Tips, rather then very large. i cannot even see a whole table, and when i try to make it smaller, it does not change (with a pinch like you do with a picture or any other website)
Best regards
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

bestazy wrote:I tried this app
Which app are you referring to exactly? This thread was about a third-party project that was (apparently) never released.
kkla

Post by kkla »

Hi Mr. Kent Briggs
How can I remove the zoom buttons and instead just enlarge the buttons for mobile version of the interface?
The mobile view is really hard to play with and it should get fix because every link is so to touch in first try;
Please arrange the views in proper way so the users could play smoothly and i am loosing the market because of this mobile thing,
Kind Regards.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kkla wrote:How can I remove the zoom buttons and instead just enlarge the buttons for mobile version of the interface?
You cannot change the table layout. There isn't room to "just enlarge the buttons" as just about every pixel is allocated to something else. There are tradeoffs for people who want to play a full sized game on a 5-inch screen.
kkla

Post by kkla »

Thanks for the answer,
Are you still working on the mobile interface?
Major number of people are just using their cell phones for everything nowadays and they do not really loyal to anything :) that are not comfortable for them to see on their phones,
I know it might be too much to ask for but please work on something that really works on the phone not with stylus pen but with fingers you could checkout (I am sure you saw them before) pokerstars and fulltilt and others who implemented real good interfaces for mobile users,
This is a must have for anyone who wanted to run a business with Poker Mavens Software,
If you could let administrators to justify the shape of the layout we as a manager of the business will do our best to change the look and feel to be truly like what players wanted.
But still IMHO Poker Mavens is very cool for poker playing,
Thanks again for reading and replies :)