Poker Mavens 5 Beta Test & Sneak Peek

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 5 Beta Test & Sneak Peek

Post by Kent Briggs »

I'm looking for a few volunteers to help beta test the upcoming version 5. You can see a demo of it now at http://www.pm-demo.com. You need to be a current Version 4 Pro or Gold license owner who can quickly put players on the new version and give me feedback and bug reports on the new features, which include:

* Added 7-Card Stud, Stud Hi-Lo, and Razz to game options.
* Added support for mixed games like HORSE, etc.
* Table graphic redesigned to support new 7-card games.
* Added player notes and color code system to client.
* Added ticket system for satellite tournament support.
* Added straddle and ante options to Hold'em/Omaha ring tables.
* Added Unicode emoji character support to chat.
* Added Site FAQ option to client help menu.
* Added "Summary" section to server-side hand history files.
* Added new house accounts for improved chip accountability.
* Added new fields to player accounts that automatically track their rake and entry fee contributions.
* Player accounts, system, and language settings now saved in SQLite databases instead of text files and registry entries.

Version 5 will run along side version 4 on the same machine as long as you pick a different file port and packet port number so you can continue your current operation as-is if needed. Send me an email along with your version 4 license key if you would like to participate. Those that test all the new features and provide feedback BEFORE the final release will get a free upgrade (as will everyone who purchased a version 4 license on or after April 1).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Poker Mavens 5 Beta Test & Sneak Peek

Post by Kent Briggs »

Here's a look at the changes in the mobile interface. These are Nexus 7 tablet screen captures showing version 4 followed by version 5. All of the unnecessary dead space was removed to maximize table size. A new Lobby command on the menu is used to navigate between tab pages.
Mobile4.png
Mobile4.png (28.56 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
Mobile5.png
Mobile5.png (29.42 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Beta testing has concluded. Barring any last-minute issues, look for the public release on Monday (May 16). Details and upgrade pricing will be announced then.
social

Post by social »

Could you post a picture of what the HTML Text Areas look like in the margins where we are able to put our own Content, please?
I have no idea what it will look like on the mobile version.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:Could you post a picture of what the HTML Text Areas look like in the margins where we are able to put our own Content, please?
I have no idea what it will look like on the mobile version.
Left, right, top, or bottom, and at what size? None of the "Web Settings" have changed since version 4. Note that if a side panel makes the interior client smaller than 800x600 then it won't show at all.