Page 1 of 1

Connection expired

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:50 am
by galnaveh
Hi,

Connection 000029D3 expired for salem, PC A45278FF

what can be the issue for that ? :oops:

Re: Connection expired

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:10 am
by Kent Briggs
galnaveh wrote:Connection 000029D3 expired for salem, PC A45278FF
what can be the issue for that ? :oops:


That player either disconnected without logging out or you have a non-zero value set for Server Settings -> "Max idle minutes" and the player was inactive for that amount of time.

Re: Connection expired

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:10 pm
by galnaveh
i used 0 for max idle minutes but a specific player keep complain for disconnection

what should i do ?

Re: Connection expired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:28 am
by Kent Briggs
galnaveh wrote:i used 0 for max idle minutes but a specific player keep complain for disconnection
what should i do ?


Disconnects are typically caused by the player's internet service provider. There is nothing you can do.

Re: Connection expired

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:15 am
by BitingBummer
Hello,
I'm having the same issues.
It suddenly disconnects some of my players, it doesn't make sense that their all service providers, at the same time, decide to time out their connection. Does it?

Re: Connection expired

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:21 am
by Kent Briggs
BitingBummer wrote:Hello,
I'm having the same issues.
It suddenly disconnects some of my players, it doesn't make sense that their all service providers, at the same time, decide to time out their connection. Does it?


Unless it was some internet backbone issue where a regional outage occurred. Typically when something is happening to one group of players but not others, finding the source of the problem means figuring out what that group has in common with each other.

Re: Connection expired

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:26 am
by BitingBummer
Kent Briggs wrote:
BitingBummer wrote:Hello,
I'm having the same issues.
It suddenly disconnects some of my players, it doesn't make sense that their all service providers, at the same time, decide to time out their connection. Does it?


Unless it was some internet backbone issue where a regional outage occurred. Typically when something is happening to one group of players but not others, finding the source of the problem means figuring out what that group has in common with each other.

It looked like it happened to all of the players that were online.

Re: Connection expired

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:48 am
by Kent Briggs
BitingBummer wrote:It looked like it happened to all of the players that were online.


Well then that's definitely on your end, either an internal service outage or the poker server locked up. Did players reconnect on their own or did you have to restart the server?

Re: Connection expired

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:51 am
by BitingBummer
Kent Briggs wrote:
BitingBummer wrote:It looked like it happened to all of the players that were online.


Well then that's definitely on your end, either an internal service outage or the poker server locked up. Did players reconnect on their own or did you have to restart the server?

They reconnected on their own.