Server suggestion needed.

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
vinodm

Server suggestion needed.

Post by vinodm »

Kent, we are planning to use the 64bit version and expect to have 500 users concurrently at most of the day.

Which server do you suggest?

1) 32 GB DDR RAM 1333FSB, Quad Processor Octa Core Xeon 4650 - 2.70 Ghz (Sandy Bridge) - 4x20MB Cache w/ HT

2) *GB DDR RAM, Single Processor Quad Core Xeon 1230 - 3.20GHz (Sandy Bridge) - 1 x 8MB cache w/HT
vinodm

Re: Server suggestion needed.

Post by vinodm »

I see in other thread that you have mentioned that from feedback from existing customers, you have gotten to know that mavens supports 500 concurrent users with good configuration,

1) does it apply to both 64bit and 32bit
2) does it apply to both Mavens V3 and Mavens V4
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

vinodm wrote: Which server do you suggest?
1) 32 GB DDR RAM 1333FSB, Quad Processor Octa Core Xeon 4650 - 2.70 Ghz (Sandy Bridge) - 4x20MB Cache w/ HT
2) *GB DDR RAM, Single Processor Quad Core Xeon 1230 - 3.20GHz (Sandy Bridge) - 1 x 8MB cache w/HT
I don't have the resources to perform comparative hardware tests so I really have no idea. I would say start with the least expensive system and try to get an SSD instead of a spinning hard drive.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

vinodm wrote:I see in other thread that you have mentioned that from feedback from existing customers, you have gotten to know that mavens supports 500 concurrent users with good configuration,
1) does it apply to both 64bit and 32bit
2) does it apply to both Mavens V3 and Mavens V4
Some version 3 customers (like seals with clubs) are supporting loads that large but, in theory, the 64-bit editions should be able to handle more connection threads since all system memory is available to the program. Nothing will matter if you don't have a fast (i.e., gigabit) internet connection, however.
vinodm

Post by vinodm »

What I want to know is this :

Whether mavens can use more than Single processor Quad Core server?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

vinodm wrote:Whether mavens can use more than Single processor Quad Core server?
There's nothing specific in my code, as far as I know, that takes advantage of multiple processors.