No-shows levels

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
gpbets

No-shows levels

Post by gpbets »

No-shows levels how does it work?
So If I set it to 4 does that mean after level 4 all the no-shows are kicked and If i set level duration to 2mins that means after 8mins they will be kicked.

Can I edit it somehow to if someone sits out for 4mins they are kicked. So lets say thier playing the tournament when it stats then they go afk if they go afk for 4mins they are kicked.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: No-shows levels

Post by Kent Briggs »

gpbets wrote:No-shows levels how does it work?
From the help file:

No-shows levels - Set to a number greater than 0 to automatically remove "no-show" players from the tournament at the end of the specified level. A no-show player is someone who registered for the tournament but never pressed their Ready button once it started. It does not matter if they are logged in or not. Their buy-ins and entry fees will be added back to their accounts and the prize pool will be reduced accordingly. All chips in their stacks will be removed from the tables except for those that were bled off from the blinds. This feature is best used with freeroll tournaments and will not activate if any of the prizepool has already been awarded.
So If I set it to 4 does that mean after level 4 all the no-shows are kicked and If i set level duration to 2mins that means after 8mins they will be kicked.
Yes.
Can I edit it somehow to if someone sits out for 4mins they are kicked.
No, the feature only affects players that never showed up, which is different than just sitting out after showing up. Sitting out is the same as just folding every hand, which everyone has the right to do.
gpbets

Post by gpbets »

Its kinda annoying for my site because what people do is play 1 hand then sit out until theres only 5 people left so they can get free chips.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

gpbets wrote:Its kinda annoying for my site because what people do is play 1 hand then sit out until theres only 5 people left so they can get free chips.
You're paying out too many positions if sitters can win chips by folding every hand. Make it winner take all or something close to that.