For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 4.22 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Upgrade page:

http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

Changes:

Added "Add-on chips" option for rebuy tournaments. From the help file: Add-on chips - Set the number of add-on chips (50000 max) to be offered at the end of the rebuy period for the same price as a regular rebuy. Use 0 for no add-on. Add-ons are typically 1 to 2 times the starting chip amount. Players are given a message in the table chat letting them know the rebuy period has ended and the add-on period has started. If a break coincides with the end of the rebuy period then the add-on period will last until the end of that break. If no break is scheduled then a 1-minute break will be inserted just for the add-on. Players request an add-on in the same way they request rebuys, from the "Add more chips" command in the table menu. Each player may only request one add-on per tournament but all players are eligible, regardless of their stack size (threshold setting does not apply to add-ons). ...This new setting resulted in numerous Language Tab changes (see below).

Added new callback event for tournament knockouts. This can used to implement bounties in tournaments. From the help file: Tournament knockout event - Set to Yes if you want the callback URL to be called when a player is knocked out of a tournament by another player. Seven POST parameters are sent: Event, Name, Table, Player, Bounty, Hand, and Time. Event will be set to "TourneyKnockout", Name is the tournament name, Table is the table number, Player is the player that was knocked out, Bounty is the player (or players) that knocked out the player, Hand is the hand number, and Time will be in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format. If side pots are involved in the hand, the player that won the pot that put the losing player all-in gets credit for the bounty. If the pot was split, then the Bounty parameter contains a comma-separated list of all the winners. In Omaha Hi-Lo games, only the Hi-share winner will get credit for a knockout bounty. ...You are of course free to fetch the hand in question and determine the bounty winner by another method if you choose.

Added "Show real names" to Client Settings. Now you have the option to NOT show the players' Real Name field in the client. Setting this to "No" will remove that column in the Lobby window. It will also remove real names from the avatar mouseover and the confirmation dialog used for player to player chip transfers.

Added "Logout link" to Client Settings (Gold version only). This is a logout landing page option such that when a player logs out, the browser will automatically forward to another web page.

Moved "Rathole minutes" and "Sitout minutes" to local ring game settings. Previously these were global settings in the "Client Settings" group. Now each ring table has its own individual settings. Rathole defaults to 0 and Sitout defaults to 10 so if you had these set differently previously you'll need to edit each ring table and reset them.

Changed account editor to scrollable list control. This is now consistent with the game editors and will allow easier addition of future settings.

Added Clone button to Accounts tab.

Fixed callback bug in tournament unregister event. Previously a callback was made when a tournament was put offline even if no one was registered for it.

Language Tab updates (all related to new Add-on feature). Everyone should manually reset the first two. The rest are new strings:

Add Chips Dialog
"Rebuy expired message" text changed to "The rebuy/add-on period has expired"
"Rebuy chips message" text also change to ..rebuy/add-on..
"Add-on ended message"
"Add-on maximum message"

Dealer Chat
"Player buys add-on"
"Add-on begin"
"Add-on minute"

Game Info Properties
"Add-on chips"
"Add-ons"

Player Actions
"Add-on caption"

Statistics
"Add-ons"
BBB

Re: Poker Mavens 4.22 Released

Post by BBB »

Great updates again Kent, thanks for taking the rathole suggestion.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

BBB wrote:Great updates again Kent, thanks for taking the rathole suggestion.
Yeah now that I have the table settings in a scrollable list with infinite space, I don't mind moving global settings to local settings. There's a few more that I'll probably do the same with soon.
Raventhon

Post by Raventhon »

Kent Briggs wrote:
BBB wrote:Great updates again Kent, thanks for taking the rathole suggestion.
Yeah now that I have the table settings in a scrollable list with infinite space, I don't mind moving global settings to local settings. There's a few more that I'll probably do the same with soon.
No Chat While All-In would be amazing as a local by-tourney setting, not a global setting!
TwoJacksJoe

Post by TwoJacksJoe »

Hey Kent,

My name is Joe Stapleton. I work in the poker world, and I just wanted to say how cool I think your software is. I did buy the $100 license as a place where my friends and I can play, and I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into it, and into the updates. It's a really cool piece of software that we all love. Thanks again.

--Stapes