onemanorgy

Got scammed for 150

Post by onemanorgy »

[Message deleted per original poster's request.]
cuervo5150

Re: Got scammed for 150

Post by cuervo5150 »

Sorry to hear about that.

However, know that the majority of users on this small online community are honest, helpful and very knowledgeable. Unfortunately there continue to be a few unscrupulous individuals lurking around the forums. Your scammer seems to have a similar MO to one of the individuals on here that consistently changes to a new user name/account after acquiring to much heat after non-completion of a job. I wish their was a way to reduce anonymity on here, especially for new Poker Mavens clients looking to spruce up their sites. Perhaps our admin could create or integrate some sort of ranking type system on here (like Yelp), for users selling/buying things. But of course that could be taken advantage of as well and just lead to bigger headaches.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to keep the old saying in mind...Caveat emptor…Buyer beware.

Sorry for your loss,
smackthatace

Post by smackthatace »

Great idea.
A ranking system would help others know who to do business with or not.
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Obiviously the person can't code a bit from the look of that pitaful site he produced. First, anyone claiming to do a site that cheap would be suspicious to me. Second, you should never send anyone money before the work is complete. There are escrow services you can use to facilitate these kinds of transactions and it protects the buyer and seller. You just need to be careful when choosing a developer, ask for references and sites they have developed. It probably would have saved you this headache.