Time to load the software and you do not notice

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
adirgan

Time to load the software and you do not notice

Post by adirgan »

I have a problem, and I noticed that the before the3.0 version of poker mavens in the part when the game loads no percentage bar appears telling me that the game is loading, and then users do not know if the game is loading or no charge, which can be activated to add that bar otion load or you have to change it in the next version of the program, thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Time to load the software and you do not notice

Post by Kent Briggs »

adirgan wrote:I have a problem, and I noticed that the before the3.0 version of poker mavens in the part when the game loads no percentage bar appears
Unfortunately when I upgraded my OpenLaszlo Flash compiler to the latest version to move from Flash 8 to Flash 10, they dropped support for preloaders and thus the percentage bar no longer works. There's nothing I can do about that.
adirgan

Post by adirgan »

Kent Briggs wrote:
adirgan wrote:I have a problem, and I noticed that the before the3.0 version of poker mavens in the part when the game loads no percentage bar appears
Unfortunately when I upgraded my OpenLaszlo Flash compiler to the latest version to move from Flash 8 to Flash 10, they dropped support for preloaders and thus the percentage bar no longer works. There's nothing I can do about that.

kent thanks for responding quickly, because you told me I did some research and found on the last page of OpenLaszlo Version 4.9 supports flash if you could now would fix that problem preloader, aki this page for more information OpenLaszlo

Thanks, I hope your answer
adirgan

Post by adirgan »

adirgan wrote:
Kent Briggs wrote:

kent thanks for responding quickly, because you told me I did some research and found on the last page of OpenLaszlo Version 4.9 supports flash if you could now would fix that problem preloader, aki this page for more information OpenLaszlo

Thanks, I hope your answer

I forget to tell you that supports Flash 10
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

adirgan wrote: kent thanks for responding quickly, because you told me I did some research and found on the last page of OpenLaszlo Version 4.9 supports flash if you could now would fix that problem preloader, aki this page for more information OpenLaszlo
The Flash client in version 3 is already compiled in OpenLaszlo 4.9. It's always been Flash, that's not the issue. It's support for preloaders (which is actually a separate Flash file) that got dropped somewhere between OpenLaszlo 4.1 (what Poker Mavens 2 used) and OpenLaszlo 4.9.
adirgan

Post by adirgan »

Kent Briggs wrote:
adirgan wrote: The Flash client in version 3 is already compiled in OpenLaszlo 4.9. It's always been Flash, that's not the issue. It's support for preloaders (which is actually a separate Flash file) that got dropped somewhere between OpenLaszlo 4.1 (what Poker Mavens 2 used) and OpenLaszlo 4.9.
and there is no way that you work in another language or something is resolved somehow and that's important for people not despair if you see nothing in the process that is loading, whether in php in the same page code, anything I say that because I have friends who are desperate to know not the first time they play they have to wait.

Thank you.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

adirgan wrote:and there is no way that you work in another language
Only if I wanted to throw away 5+ years of work and start all over from scratch. Eventually I'd like to dump Flash altogether but HTML5 isn't yet fully supported by all browsers and even if it was, I've yet to find an equivalent framework that has all the same features. How long is it taking to load your site? A fast internet connection to a decent server shouldn't take more than about 5 seconds to see the "Loading lobby..." message and another 5 seconds to fully load. That's what I get on my demo site at http://www.pm-demo.com on first connection. And once that's cached, it only takes about half that time on subsequent visits.
adirgan

Post by adirgan »

Kent Briggs wrote:
adirgan wrote: Only if I wanted to throw away 5+ years of work and start all over from scratch. Eventually I'd like to dump Flash altogether but HTML5 isn't yet fully supported by all browsers and even if it was, I've yet to find an equivalent framework that has all the same features. How long is it taking to load your site? A fast internet connection to a decent server shouldn't take more than about 5 seconds to see the "Loading lobby..." message and another 5 seconds to fully load. That's what I get on my demo site at http://www.pm-demo.com on first connection. And once that's cached, it only takes about half that time on subsequent visits.

does not have to pull his five years of work, can work in parallel with the two languages ​​and can leave the flash to work with the pc and html5 for other devices, but I did not say that, I was saying if you can work in another language the load, tell you that this loading until the flash can speak for itself.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

One possible workaround would be to use some Javascript in the Ad Settings feature to display a "Loading..." message for a certain amount of time and then erase it. For example, in the Ad Settings group:

Set "Top ad size" to 25.
Set "Top ad HTML" to "Loading..." or whatever text you want to display.
Set "Head section HTML" to this Javascript, which will erase the "Loading..." message after 10 seconds (10000 milliseconds):

<script>
window.setTimeout(function(){
document.getElementById("top_div").innerHTML = "";
}, 10000);
</script>