Pre Built plugins

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
malbec81

Pre Built plugins

Post by malbec81 »

Hi,

Is there a list anywhere of the 3rd party plugins that have been built for PM?

I am looking to purchase this software for my site and custom develop some additional functionality where needed, but I don't want to reinvent the wheelif I don't need to.

Cheers
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Pre Built plugins

Post by Kent Briggs »

malbec81 wrote: Is there a list anywhere of the 3rd party plugins that have been built for PM?
You mean like sample API code (technically not a plug-in)? Not that I'm aware of. There is my utility program page here:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/Utilities.htm

and my sample API code page:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/API_Examples.htm
malbec81

Post by malbec81 »

Thanks Kent,

That's a good start. Some features that I am considering adding are the following. I am relay keen to know if someone has already built these and if so how I can get in contact with them?

*Player Points - for cash and tournament based on Rake taken.
*Rack Back - Ability to provide rake back to players at a % based on volume of rake taken or Player Points.
*Tournament Tickets - Ability to hand out free entry tickets to paid Tournament or at a minimum ability to provide unique codes to let users register to private Tournament
*Big hand or Bad beat jackpots - Ability to automatically pay a bonus for Royal Flush or for loosing with Quad 10s or better
*Player titles/status based on rake collected. I.e. 0-100 rake = Noob, 101- 500 rake = Bronze, 501-3000 = Silver, >3001 = Gold etc.

Also I have a few other questions:

*Is there a way to offer a 50/50 tournament structure? I.e. a 10 player tournament where the to 5 players all double their money and once the game gets to 5 runners it stops.
*I am also interested in setting up tournaments that have other prizes other than chips. Would this be possible via the API? I.e. 100chip entry fee with no cash prize, but the top 3 players all get a ticket into a bigger tournament?
*Also is there any plans on offering additional types of poker. I.e Stud games?

Cheers
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

malbec81 wrote: *Is there a way to offer a 50/50 tournament structure? I.e. a 10 player tournament where the to 5 players all double their money and once the game gets to 5 runners it stops.
You can set a payout structure so that places 1 to 5 pay out 20% each. The tournament will keep running, however until only 1 player is left.
*I am also interested in setting up tournaments that have other prizes other than chips. Would this be possible via the API? I.e. 100chip entry fee with no cash prize, but the top 3 players all get a ticket into a bigger tournament?
There's only 1 currency in the game so there are no tickets. You would have to track that externally and use private tournaments to let those people in. You could use the callback function to detect the completion of a tournament, use the API to fetch the results, then calculate your ticket system from there.
*Also is there any plans on offering additional types of poker. I.e Stud games?
Eventually but not before version 4. The seven card games will require a client redesign to make room for the extra cards.
malbec81

Post by malbec81 »

The ability to stop a tournament once it gets down to x players or after x levels, and pay out bast on chip stacks would be a really nice feature to add. This would give a huge amount of flexibly when creating different and unique tournament structures.

I am not sure how hard that would be to add but the logic seems quite simple.