Hand History Database & Hand Counter

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
IMightBluff

Hand History Database & Hand Counter

Post by IMightBluff »

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a hand history database that is kept, or a way to set it up so that all the hands dealt are stored on the server.

Also would it be possible to have like on the top a hand counter like on the other poker sites? So it shows which hand this is that was dealt.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Hand History Database & Hand Counter

Post by Kent Briggs »

IMightBluff wrote:I was wondering if there is a hand history database that is kept, or a way to set it up so that all the hands dealt are stored on the server.
Hand history files are saved in the HandHistory folder on the server in text file format, one file per table per day.
Also would it be possible to have like on the top a hand counter like on the other poker sites? So it shows which hand this is that was dealt.
Hand numbers are displayed in the chat window at the beginning of each hand and also in the hand history window. Hand number are displayed in a xxxx-yyyy format where xxxx is the overall site-wide hand number and yyyy is the table hand number that is reset to 1 when a new game starts.
IMightBluff

Post by IMightBluff »

Would there be a way to make it so that the Hands don't reset and the number keeps counting? So that there could be promos for winning the 10,000th hand ect...

Also would it be possible to make sure that all the hands are stored from the day the site is running?
IMightBluff

Post by IMightBluff »

Nvm, i misread your reply lol sorry. Okay so there is a universal hand counter.
Does this counter count tournament hands into it as well or only cash games?

So would it be possible for the whole lifetime history to be saved, so that I could look up specific hands. Like if i made a promo that if you get a royal flush you win x amount of money. And player said he did on hand number 458877
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

IMightBluff wrote:Nvm, i misread your reply lol sorry. Okay so there is a universal hand counter.
Correct, the xxxx portion starts at 1 for the very first hand played on your site and keeps going up forever, unless you manually change it in the Windows registry where it is saved.
Does this counter count tournament hands into it as well or only cash games?
Yes, both ring games and tournaments are part of the count.
So would it be possible for the whole lifetime history to be saved, so that I could look up specific hands. Like if i made a promo that if you get a royal flush you win x amount of money. And player said he did on hand number 458877
Yes. By default, the hand history files are automatically deleted after 30 days but that is an admin setting ("Maximum history days" in the Log Settings group). Set that to 0 and it disables automatic deletion.