Questions before purchasing license

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Axi

Questions before purchasing license

Post by Axi »

I'm interested in purchasing a Poker Mavens license. I have a few questions:

Will we be seeing iPhone/iPad support (in the form of an app?) in the future? If this was to be included in the Gold license I would definitely purchase that.
Is there Sit N Go tournament support? And is it possible for new ones to be created/duplicated automatically when a previous one has started?
Are there any major updates coming soon?
Axi

Re: Questions before purchasing license

Post by Axi »

I would also like some more insight about the server hardware requirements.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Axi wrote: Will we be seeing iPhone/iPad support (in the form of an app?) in the future?
My long term plan is to replace Flash with pure HTML5 so it runs on everything. The WebSocket feature of HTML5 is not widely supported by all browsers yet so it's not ready to replace Flash.
Is there Sit N Go tournament support?
Yes, just set "Start full" to Yes in the tournament settings.
And is it possible for new ones to be created/duplicated automatically when a previous one has started?
Tournaments are recurring by default so once completed they reset automatically. If you want to create a new tournament when another one starts, you can use the Callback Event system and the API to do that using your own code (i.e., PHP, etc.).
Are there any major updates coming soon?
Version 3 was just released in May. Major updates are typically years apart. Minor version updates are released all the time (there have been 4 since 3.00).
Axi

Post by Axi »

Thank you. Would the HTML5 update come any time in the coming 12 months, and will it require a new license purchase?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Axi wrote:Thank you. Would the HTML5 update come any time in the coming 12 months, and will it require a new license purchase?
I doubt it will be within 12 months. The HTML5 spec won't even be finalized until the end of the decade and as I mentioned, WebSocket support is spotty in all the various browsers. Poker Mavens needs fast TCP/IP socket support for the client/server communication.
mdposcom

Post by mdposcom »

Hello Kent,

I am really low on sever manage. if i purchase your gold plan then need your service to install in to my server(Full runining) it is possible?

I will provide all server detail. please let me know.

thanks,
Dy
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

mdposcom wrote:if i purchase your gold plan then need your service to install in to my server(Full runining) it is possible?
Installing on a remote server is just a matter of running Remote Desktop Connection (included with all versions of Windows) and connecting to the server. That will bring up a window that shows the remote desktop where you can copy, paste, and execute files between it and your local PC. It's important that you know how to do that yourself to administrate your site and install updates, etc. More info on RDC is in the FAQ at http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm
mdposcom

Post by mdposcom »

Noted thanks - will try.