Client cannot connect to non-localserver

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Nydenisen

Client cannot connect to non-localserver

Post by Nydenisen »

My Internet is delivered through a router, the address of which identified in Internet IP address. So when this addy is entered in the browser I am prompted for the router access UID and PW, which then connects to the browser. Similarly, when the site, "Matt's Cloud Poker Room," is Publicly listed on your directory I receive the following error: "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 68.174.163.202:8087. The local IP addy, however, works fine

Any suggestions?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Client cannot connect to non-localserver

Post by Kent Briggs »

Nydenisen wrote:My Internet is delivered through a router, the address of which identified in Internet IP address. So when this addy is entered in the browser I am prompted for the router access UID and PW, which then connects to the browser. Similarly, when the site, "Matt's Cloud Poker Room," is Publicly listed on your directory I receive the following error: "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 68.174.163.202:8087. The local IP addy, however, works fine
Any suggestions?
Have you setup port forwarding in your router's configuration? You have to forward ports 8087 and 8088 (assuming you are using default settings) to your local PC so that the outside world can get it. What is the brand and model number of your router?
Nydenisen

Post by Nydenisen »

Yes. The local address is 192.168.123. Neither Single Port Forwarding nor Port Range Forwarding works.
Nydenisen

Post by Nydenisen »

Router is Linksys E3000.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Nydenisen wrote:Router is Linksys E3000.
Double check with the default guide here:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... tguide.htm

Take your site offline and run the PF PortCheck utility:

http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

See if it shows TCP ports 8087 and 8088 to be open (or whatever your File Port and Packet Ports are). If not, either your port forwarding is incorrect or you have a separate firewall issue blocking those ports. Trying explicitly adding them and the PMServer.exe file to the Windows firewall exception list.
Nydenisen

Post by Nydenisen »

I had already been there after seeing your tech note. The default is pretty much what one would expect. As for the PF Port Checker, it appears to be a shill for Ask.com! The downloaded file goes thru the motions of installation, but the target folder is empty. But Ask.com is attached to the toolbar!
Nydenisen

Post by Nydenisen »

I turned off the Firewall and got the connection. BTW, PMServer was already listed as an exception. So now I'll go ahead and add the 2 ports. Thanks for your help.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Nydenisen wrote:As for the PF Port Checker, it appears to be a shill for Ask.com! The downloaded file goes thru the motions of installation, but the target folder is empty. But Ask.com is attached to the toolbar!
That's weird, I didn't get that. I clicked this link:

http://www.portforward.com/store/PFPortChecker.exe

And downloaded that file, which was 3,310,464 bytes. I ran it and went through the default setup and it installed a desktop shortcut and points to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PFPortChecker\PFPortChecker.exe"

Running that runs the program as they show in the web page. I've used that program myself many times over the past few years so it's legit.