Hi is this an appropriate place for a pre sales question?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Ilikenoodles

Hi is this an appropriate place for a pre sales question?

Post by Ilikenoodles »

As the tile says

Also my question is this.

I am thinking about purchasing the pro version.

Some of you may have heard of "Eve online holdem" it is a poker room using mavens software centred around an online game called "Eve Online"
I intend to do the same thing only my poker room centred around a game called "Runescape"

I have a couple of concerns though and was wondering if help with these would be available on the forums whilst I am setting my poker room up

1 of my converns is linking the user database of the forums and website with the poker rooms user database for a couple of reasons

Main reason to avoid confusion arising from registering say "User123" on the forums, website and say "User321" on the poker room.
This would make my life difficult and im hoping there is a way to overcome it.

I myself am at a loss with this as after downloading and installing, testing the trial version (Very user friendly and easy to do btw kudos) I can see that user data is stored localy on my machine as opposed to on a FTP where my forum's and more importantly the forum's SQL would be stored. (If SQL is even compatible with this software?)

Another of my concerns indeed more of a question really is this,
I understand that in the pro version customizable table graphics are available. Is it possible to make this image some sort of auto change clickable image like a .gif for example?
(Also are banners able to be made clickable?)

one more qustion.

I understand that there is some sort of Remote admin interface.
Is it possible to have more than 1 admin account able to access this interface? If so. How customizable are the levels of permissions for these accounts
Example: 1 type of account to add chips to a normal users account, start tournaments, pause and restart tables etc. Another type of account that can do this and withdraw chips from users accounts.
(Hope i made myself clear on that one lol.)

Regards
Noodles.

Ps
I just want to express how impressed i am with this software it really is extremely good and thankyou for devoloping it.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Hi is this an appropriate place for a pre sales question?

Post by Kent Briggs »

Ilikenoodles wrote: Main reason to avoid confusion arising from registering say "User123" on the forums, website and say "User321" on the poker room.
The way that Eve Online Hold'em does it (and lots of other sites too) is to have their own signup system via their web page. Then they create poker accounts using the Poker Mavens API rather than letting players do that themselves inside the game interface. That way you have full control over how user names are created and can make sure they match your forums, etc.
Another of my concerns indeed more of a question really is this,
I understand that in the pro version customizable table graphics are available. Is it possible to make this image some sort of auto change clickable image like a .gif for example?
(Also are banners able to be made clickable?)
The table graphics aren't clickable but you can put in your own clickable links/banners around the edges of the playing surface. You can either use the built in Ad Settings for this to allocate space around the edges where you can insert custom HTML/Javascript or for more control, just embed the client area inside an iframe on a page on your existing web site. Then you've got full control of the other areas of the page.
I understand that there is some sort of Remote admin interface.
Is it possible to have more than 1 admin account able to access this interface?
Currently there is only one master admin account. What you can do instead is build your own admin interface on your web site and call various admin functions via the Poker Mavens API. You'll need some scripting experience in PHP, ASP, or some other web scripting language to do that of course.
Ilikenoodles

Post by Ilikenoodles »

Thankyou for your speedy reply Mr briggs,

With the usernames question.
Is there some sort of guide that would explain how to do these things in more detail that you could point me in the direction of perhaps?

And your said that the table image is unable to be made clickable that is fine but is it possible to make it change over time? say swap to a new image every 10 mins for example.

I like the idea of embeding the client and having control over the rest of the page thankyou.

Noodles.
Ilikenoodles

Post by Ilikenoodles »

Also

The fact that there is only one master admin account is a very large concern for me now as I have little experience in PHP and even less in ASP
I can tweak codes no problem but writing my own is something different entirely

I will give it a go as I do love a challenge! But I anticipate the possibility of having to employ someone to create some sort of admin interface on my site for my poker bankers.
so that they can do the things I explained above but without having full access

I noticed in a different thread that you have made for "programmers for hire" and I also noticed that you would not mediate between employer and employee for obvious reasons
But this is your site and im sure you have seen this sort of thing going on.
Can I ask if you have any rough idea of the cost in such an endeavour ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Ilikenoodles wrote: With the usernames question.
Is there some sort of guide that would explain how to do these things in more detail that you could point me in the direction of perhaps?
That all depends on how your existing system is setup and how you can access that data. It will involve writing code on your web site. To see examples of how to access the Poker Mavens API via PHP, see the API docs and examples pages here:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/T ... erface.htm
http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/API_Examples.htm
And your said that the table image is unable to be made clickable that is fine but is it possible to make it change over time? say swap to a new image every 10 mins for example.
Graphics can be in JPG, PNG, GIF, or SWF format. The latter two support animation so yes that is possible.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Ilikenoodles wrote: Can I ask if you have any rough idea of the cost in such an endeavour ?
Depends on the programmer. Some charge by the hour and some by the project. A good coder is like a good plumber or electrician. If the job is going to take weeks, be prepared for a large bill. Time is money so make sure you have a written agreement that details exactly what you expect the code to do, how to install and operate it, how much it will cost, and when it will be completed.
Ilikenoodles

Post by Ilikenoodles »

Thankyou Mr Briggs,

I very much appreciate your help.

Noodles.