Connection Error

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
gene438

Connection Error

Post by gene438 »

I am trying to install the lite version on my desktop. I have followed the steps in support. I have checked my ports via PFPortChecker and have confirmed my ports are open and I was able to ping my router.

I cannot connect via my local IP (108.198.8.247) or the internal (127.0.0.1)

I am lost.

Please help

Thanks,

Gene
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Connection Error

Post by Kent Briggs »

I see from your private message that you figured it out (adding the port number to the URL).
gene438

Post by gene438 »

Yeah, just an FYI to any other newbies. You must add a colon and your port number to your IP address when trying to log in as a client.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

gene438 wrote:Yeah, just an FYI to any other newbies. You must add a colon and your port number to your IP address when trying to log in as a client.
That's covered in the "Getting Started" section of the help file:

Step 7. Connect, Login, and Play:

Start up your web browser. If you are running the Lite, Pro, or Gold version of Poker Mavens and you set the Directory Listing setting to Yes in Step 3 then go to PokerMavens.net and connect to your server from there. Trial versions will be listed at PokerMavens.net/trial instead. Call up some friends and have them do the same. Otherwise, set the destination address in your web browser to your Local IP address. If your File Port is set to any number other than 80, you must also append a colon and that port number to the end of the URL (192.168.1.100:8087 for example). Anyone outside of your local area network must connect to your Internet IP + File Port instead (which is what happens automatically when someone connects from the server directory.

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/I ... tarted.htm