Server Lockedup Kinda

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Server Lockedup Kinda

Post by Kent Briggs »

Patch up to 2.04 and see if that helps any.

http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Was isntalled this am. I will keep my eye on it and let you know.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

No juice.

Today now ruffly 6 hours after patching it is frozen up good.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Also it has to be something with your connections i think. I can used all the remote control functions of the server but list connections. You think that may have something to do with it.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Ok i closed down my 4 ring tables and had people disconnect from the server is back working again but i when i did get to the connections page of the site i get the following. See Image So this time i did not have to kill it there seems to be a server/connection thread getting locked or lost... Also when i get these 30 second lag spikes i seems to have 3-5 of these disconnetion things in the list.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (183.04 KiB) Viewed 8307 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:Also it has to be something with your connections i think. I can used all the remote control functions of the server but list connections. You think that may have something to do with it.
The server has two socket components. One is an HTTP server that serves the flash client and graphics files on the file port. It also serves the pages for the remote administration. So it just accepts a connection, sends the applicable file, and disconnects. The other socket component is a TCP/IP server. It makes a persistent connection on the packet port with each flash file on the client and exchanges game packets. Each connection runs in its own thread so one crashing should not lock up the others. I might have to create some extra logging functions just for your site so I can catch the exact point of failure.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:Also when i get these 30 second lag spikes i seems to have 3-5 of these disconnetion things in the list.
Hmm, that might be a clue. I have a timer function that fires every 20 seconds. It looks for disconnects (which happens if the player closed their browser or went to another URL without logging out) and removes them from the connections list if the the player doesn't return within 2 minutes. I'll check that code and see if there's something there that could cause this.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Yeh it was weird the whole server locked up and i could not use the console but the /admin tools i could except the connections tab i closed the ring tables then all of a sundden it startyed working again
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Todays been a bad/good day its looked up again....
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I'm going to prepare some private beta versions that you can test. That way we can try some individual tweaks to try and isolate the problem without me having to put out a full public release. I'll contact you via email with a link as soon as I have the first one ready.