Server Lockedup Kinda

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
majianlord

Server Lockedup Kinda

Post by majianlord »

Server Just locked up. It would server pages and the flash file but not allow connections Or activate the login button. I could get to the /admin page as well. I looked in the loggs and its just a bunch of file serverings nothing points to why it stopped takeing connections. A Copy of the last part of the log is below.

2008-06-19 13:59:00|Connect|Connection accepted from ****************
2008-06-19 13:59:04|Login|TorfSchlomow logged in from ****************
2008-06-19 14:00:39|Connect|Connection accepted from ****************
2008-06-19 14:04:55|System|SWFObject served to ****************in 0.000 seconds
2008-06-19 14:05:03|System|pmclient.swf served to **************** in 7.515 seconds
2008-06-19 14:12:15|System|SWFObject served to **************** in 0.000 seconds
2008-06-19 14:12:21|System|pmclient.swf served to ****************38 in 4.704 seconds
2008-06-19 14:25:34|System|pmclient.swf served to **************** in 1.297 seconds
2008-06-19 14:27:50|System|SWFObject served to **************** in 0.000 seconds
2008-06-19 14:27:54|System|pmclient.swf served to ****************in 2.797 seconds
2008-06-19 14:29:25|System|SWFObject served to **************** in 0.000 seconds
2008-06-19 14:29:27|System|pmclient.swf served to ****************in 1.656 seconds
2008-06-19 14:29:55|System|SWFObject served to ****************in 0.000 seconds
2008-06-19 14:30:08|System|pmclient.swf served to **************** in 12.719 seconds
2008-06-19 14:36:29|System|SWFObject served to **************** in 0.000 seconds
2008-06-19 14:36:31|System|pmclient.swf served to **************** in 1.562 seconds
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Server Lockedup Kinda

Post by Kent Briggs »

Do you know if there were any active games going on at the time? Check the hand history logs and see what the last thing recorded was. You can email those to me if you want and I'll take a look.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

YEah games where going, I will email you a copy of the log and the hand historys zipped up. Another thing we noticed and not sure off, The games on all tables will frezze for 20-60 seconds then keep going. It would not be something i would bring up but its happening to all the tables at once..... Any thought on what to check.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:YEah games where going, I will email you a copy of the log and the hand historys zipped up. Another thing we noticed and not sure off, The games on all tables will frezze for 20-60 seconds then keep going. It would not be something i would bring up but its happening to all the tables at once..... Any thought on what to check.
What kind of hardware and Internet setup do you have and how many people where logged on? What is the server's CPU performance during this time? Bring up the Windows Task Manager if that happens again and see if it's pegged out at 100%.

By the way, is your site listed in the server directory at pokermavens.net? If so, which one? Ithought you mentioned in another thread that you hadn't purchased a license yet so I'm wondering how you are running multiple tables since the trial version is only single table.
selene

Post by selene »

Kent Briggs wrote:By the way, is your site listed in the server directory at pokermavens.net? If so, which one? Ithought you mentioned in another thread that you hadn't purchased a license yet so I'm wondering how you are running multiple tables since the trial version is only single table.
Actually the Mavens copy he's referring to is the one I purchased, and is listed under "Private - Eve Online Hold'Em". He's providing hosting for me, and it's better than I can supply myself. In turn this gives him a thorough understanding of the live software before buying a copy for his own use. I think he started posting here when he only had a trial copy to play with and not my full copy. That would be why the posts might be confusing.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

selene wrote:Actually the Mavens copy he's referring to is the one I purchased, and is listed under "Private - Eve Online Hold'Em".
Ah, no problem. I actually logged into your site earlier tonight just to lurk. I was googling for "EVE Online" to see what that was all about and found the forums there and a direct link with the password. One question that I never got answered during beta testing was how many players could the system handle at once. Yours had about 40 players logged in and 4 single-table tourneys going at once. It looked pretty smooth to me, just as an observer. What kind of hardware/Internet setup do you have? Have you tried or have any plans to run multi-table tourneys?
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Hey Kent, Yes we have plans for multi tables but we are still trying to work out a ring game banking setup for the players Since we play for isk(Game money) no rake on the rings means we have to figure it out diffrently. The server locked up again this morning at 5:30am in the logs. It was mid game with 2 games running with very little people online. I have emailed you a copy of the logs from both the hands and the log files directory. From my email address (Chood@onward) Only has 1 zip file in it.

All in all the server is pretty smooth, When we have 3-6 games running occasionally there will be a 20-60 second pause on all tables. I am unsure why it would do that as well as fully lock up but it does take approxemtly 24 hours of none stop running to make it lock up. while the 20-60 seconds pauses can happen at anytime it seems i cant track down why they are happening.

Server Hardware.

2 xeon 3.0 doul core
1 gig ram
windows server 2003
T1 and t2 Internet connections to the backbone via a 1gig fiber line.

As you can see from the basic server specs speed is not the issue nore is processsing since both lockups where in out slowest time of the day only 2 games running with like 15 guys connected. At our peek we can and do run up to 10 Games with about 70 people connected. If you wana look at the server to get more info on it or have any other things you need to track this issue down just let us know.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:All in all the server is pretty smooth, When we have 3-6 games running occasionally there will be a 20-60 second pause on all tables.
Does the table chat continue to work during these pauses? I was observing for about 30 or 40 minutes last night but I don't think one occurred during that time. If you can pinpoint an exact time in the logs when these occur that might help me.
I am unsure why it would do that as well as fully lock up but it does take approxemtly 24 hours of none stop running to make it lock up.
Ah, very interesting. That sounds like a possible memory leak that's taking a while to build up.
At our peek we can and do run up to 10 Games with about 70 people connected.
Any noticeable lag in game reaction at this load? How about CPU usuage? Is your server also running a web site or other tasks or is it dedicated to Poker Mavens?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Also, when it locks up, does the server GUI lock completely up? Can you still switch to different tabs or do you have to kill it with the Windows Task Manager and restart the program? As you mentioned, the logs indicate that the file port is still serving files but apparently the packet port goes dead.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Ok when it locks up the Console is unsuable. When i click it i get nothing if i right click the task bar and go to close it gives me a crash dump on the programm. No chat does not work when it crashes. But if a new user logs in it does serve rup the page and the flash app just wont allow you to connect.

No noticable lag at peak just at random this server does host 2 websites but both have less than 1k hits a day in total. So Mavens is the bigest app i have loaded.

As for the last item no i cant switch tabs as the server modual seems to be locked and right click close causes a crash dump to come up for it.