Server Lockedup Kinda

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
MonTheHoops

Re: Server Lockedup Kinda

Post by MonTheHoops »

Excellent news you have possibly found the problem, if there is any more help I can provide just ask!

Cheers

Paul.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I've sent you two guys the beta #3 link vi email. All outgoing packets now use their own thread so a disconnect should not affect the rest of the game. Let me know how this one performs. Thanks.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Stopping all games now to try and get this patched up.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Patched up and running good so far i will let you konw how it goes.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:Patched up and running good so far i will let you konw how it goes.
You should still see messages like "Error sending packet to Session xxxxxxxx" in the error logs (indicating a disconnect) but now it should do that without any pauses and hopefully without any full lockups either.
MonTheHoops

Post by MonTheHoops »

Hi Guys,

Interesting tonight, we ran a tournament with 26-27 people in it so 3 tables going, as well as ring games earlier but all after the patch was applied. No server lockups at all which is great...but a weird problem showed up.

Out of the people who registered for the tournament, 2 were away from their PC when the tournament started, they remained in but were classed as "sitting out", but still were dealt cards for quite some time, until they eventually ran out of chips then they left the tournament. All this time they didnt even show in the admin panel as being connected so there was no way I can remove them? 1 of them made it to 5th place even :-)

Not sure if this is related to the patch or a different problem, but anyway that is what happened.

Well done on the server lockup problem though Kent, nice one.

Cheers.
Paul.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

MonTheHoops wrote:Interesting tonight, we ran a tournament with 26-27 people in it so 3 tables going
25 people to be exact as I was lurking. ;)
Out of the people who registered for the tournament, 2 were away from their PC when the tournament started, they remained in but were classed as "sitting out", but still were dealt cards for quite some time, until they eventually ran out of chips then they left the tournament. All this time they didnt even show in the admin panel as being connected so there was no way I can remove them? 1 of them made it to 5th place even :-)
That's designed behavior for tournaments, and works the same on all online sites (and live tourneys also). When they registered, the buy-in was deducted from their accounts so their chips were paid for. Sitting out is the equivalent of purposely folding every hand, which they have the right to do. If they had shown up before they got blinded out, they could have played from there.

I have noticed a problem that when the tables merge, sometimes a copy of a player is left behind on the old table. It doesn't seem to affect the game but I've got that bug on my list.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

We now have been going strong for the day with diffrent player counts. I had one user wine that the lag running his game but since i was playing the same time he was and saw no ill effect i told him he should look into his connection... So i will give a day or so for my finall jugment but WOW it does look like this will fix the issue.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:We now have been going strong for the day with diffrent player counts. I had one user wine that the lag running his game but since i was playing the same time he was and saw no ill effect i told him he should look into his connection...
Yeah an isolated lag is most likely just their particular connection. Or else they've pegged out their own CPU running too much other stuff on their PC.
So i will give a day or so for my finall jugment but WOW it does look like this will fix the issue.
Sounds good. Are you collecting a lot of messages in the Error Log related to sending packets?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

MonTheHoops wrote:All this time they didnt even show in the admin panel as being connected so there was no way I can remove them?
I should add that I already have an "admin unregister player" feature on my to-do list so you will be able to keep those players out in the future if you pick them off prior to the tournament starting.
1 of them made it to 5th place even :-)
That's more a reflection on the other players that got beat by someone who folded every hand. But that should be rare that a sitter makes it into the money. As I recall, you set the starting chips to 5000. If you started with a lower number like 1500 then sitters would blind out much faster (depending on the blind schedule, of course).