Server Lockedup Kinda

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
MonTheHoops

Re: Server Lockedup Kinda

Post by MonTheHoops »

I to am getting these lockups (kinda)

At certain points during either a tourny or a ring game everyone's buttons seem to just not show and everyone times out, this is sporadic and doesnt happen each and every time so difficult to diagnose one thing that happens to cause this.

I'll keep watching this thread.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Deployed the patch this am. I will be on the look out.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

MonTheHoops wrote:At certain points during either a tourny or a ring game everyone's buttons seem to just not show and everyone times out, this is sporadic and doesnt happen each and every time so difficult to diagnose one thing that happens to cause this.
Keep a close eye on the Connections tab and see if there are "Discon's" in the list before and after this happens.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Still get a little lag but i think that is mainlly use based. She seems to be going ok today allthough when i get a big lag spike i go in clear out the connections of disconnected people and it speeds up.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:Still get a little lag but i think that is mainlly use based. She seems to be going ok today allthough when i get a big lag spike i go in clear out the connections of disconnected people and it speeds up.
Yeah I'm sure this is all related to the handling of the disconnects. See if you can go through the rest of the day without a freeze up and we'll try something else after that.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Will do
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Well i dont think that was the issue, (wholy anyway) While it has helped mos of the day we just had one of them 30 seconds freezes then goings. Also something else is weird when i get a connection list and go though and kill them it will randmly kick other people off not the ones i have checked and that said disconnected. Also some of the connections are blank with no account name at all what are they.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:Well i dont think that was the issue, (wholy anyway) While it has helped mos of the day we just had one of them 30 seconds freezes then goings.
The only thing that was done in this first beta was to not autokill the disconnects. That wasn't intended as a cure but just to see what effect if any it has on the symptoms.
Also something else is weird when i get a connection list and go though and kill them it will randmly kick other people off not the ones i have checked and that said disconnected.
Sounds like I have an indexing problem. Did you sort the list on a column other than the first one (Session ID) prior to terminating those?
Also some of the connections are blank with no account name at all what are they.
Those are just people (or bots) that connected but never logged in.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

By the way, someone was asking about EOH in another thread. I don't know if you saw it or not:

http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=76
selene

Post by selene »

Kent Briggs wrote:By the way, someone was asking about EOH in another thread. I don't know if you saw it or not:

http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=76
I got it, thanks Kent =) Left you a short list in the Wish List forum too.