2.62 Tournament bug issue

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
nick

2.62 Tournament bug issue

Post by nick »

Hello,
We faced a problem yesterday with the 2.62 while the tournament was running and players playing around 1 hr of the tournament start, a player was left sitting on an empty table alone while all others where being moved around automaticaly, the PM server did not move this single player "as if he never existed", the player did not have any buttons to play when he logs in, and the big problem occured when the game came to an end where the winner was sitting on a table and the problamatic player was sitting on a different table, the game would not end alone and the tourney froze ! so we had to end it by hand, below are the results of the logfile :

As u can see 2 players came in first place !!!

Place8=bluffer (25000)
Place7=queenranda (30000)
Place6=bzz2a7 (35000)
Place5=NATRI5 (40000)
Place4=Lebforces (50000)
Place3=adelking (70000)
Place1=l2eze7 (125000)
Place1=amoura (125000)
Stop=2009-09-06 23:53:27 (Abort)

I upgraded today to v2.64 but i don't know if this helps.

Regards

Nick
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: 2.62 Tournament bug issue

Post by Kent Briggs »

nick wrote:Hello,
We faced a problem yesterday with the 2.62 while the tournament was running and players playing around 1 hr of the tournament start, a player was left sitting on an empty table alone
Was this a 2-seat-per-table tournament? Was the no-show removal feature activated? If so, it is probably related to the bug reported here:

http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/viewtop ... f=10&t=492

Please email me the hand history files for all tables in that tournament if you have them.
nick

Post by nick »

Hi,
- It wasn't a 2 seat no, it had 6 seats tables.
- No-shows was ON "activated" . The guy pressed his ready button and played a couple of levels then his buttons disapeared and was stuck on the table, we logged in from other computer with his username to see but the same, no buttons and doesn't move from table 10.

I attached the files for u, i will provide any additional info u might request.

Regards

Nick
Attachments
HH 9-Sep Tourney.rar
(107.03 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

nick wrote:Hi,
- It wasn't a 2 seat no, it had 6 seats tables.
- No-shows was ON "activated" . The guy pressed his ready button and played a couple of levels then his buttons disapeared and was stuck on the table, we logged in from other computer with his username to see but the same, no buttons and doesn't move from table 10.
I can see from the hand history files that the no-show removal feature kicked in at the end of the first level and removed a bunch of players. In the effort to rebalance the tables one player got moved to a table where the last remaining player was being moved from at the same time. So the player was put on a table by himself and the rebalancing routine never got called again for that table. That will be fixed in 2.70.
nick

Post by nick »

Great u figured out so quickly what the issue was.

Please please consider it as a priority, 50 players were watching when this happened, we had to create weird exuses. Will give very bad credibility to our work if this happens again.

Thank You

Nick
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

nick wrote:Please please consider it as a priority
It's already fixed in the beta version.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote:
nick wrote:Please please consider it as a priority
It's already fixed in the beta version.
Actually on further review, the fix I made in 2.64 would have prevented the problem you saw in 2.62. The fix I have in the upcoming 2.70 only affects heads-up tournaments.