Missing buttons

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Missing buttons

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:when a number of users registered for a tournament are playing at ring tables at the time the tournament table pops up and throws everyone at there tables in the tournament, the missing buttons occur..not on everyone but on a number of them.
When the tournament table pops up on start, it should give everyone a "Ready" button. Are you saying they never got a Ready button to click?
cuervo5150

Post by cuervo5150 »

Greetings,

I am running a Mac and have never had any issues with buttons or dropped connections. However, the majority of my players are windows users and are the ones encountering these problems. After polling some of the players it seems like the ones with missing buttons are operating little netbooks while playing poker. Because of the small screens and lower rez settings, they have to scale down the playing tables. It seems like shortly after they do this that the missing buttons start. I don't know if this could actually be the cause of it, but thought i'd share the info so that we can go through the process of elimination to narrow it down.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote:it seems like the ones with missing buttons are operating little netbooks while playing poker. Because of the small screens and lower rez settings, they have to scale down the playing tables. It seems like shortly after they do this that the missing buttons start.
Have them bring up the Windows Task Manager (right-click on the task bar at the bottom of the screen) and see what kind CPU load they are under on the Performance tab while they are playing. Especially during card animation.
cuervo5150

Post by cuervo5150 »

Greetings Kent,

Ok, the missing buttons happened again last night. Here is the screen shot of the netbook computer the player was using with the performance data. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, you'll see that another player was complaining of the "Ready" button... disregard that, as they simply forgot to resize the window.
Attachments
Missing_Button.png
Missing_Button.png (209.65 KiB) Viewed 7351 times
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

Kent Briggs wrote:
lildamien09 wrote:when a number of users registered for a tournament are playing at ring tables at the time the tournament table pops up and throws everyone at there tables in the tournament, the missing buttons occur..not on everyone but on a number of them.
When the tournament table pops up on start, it should give everyone a "Ready" button. Are you saying they never got a Ready button to click?
Yes. but it is not just that! some players reported that the ready button didnt show and others that when they click ready it leaves them sitting out.. i observe my tournys to see for myself, eventually i just have the ones missing the buttons refresh the page and login again then it puts them back in the tourny and everything works fine ready buttons and all.
cuervo5150 wrote:Greetings,

I am running a Mac and have never had any issues with buttons or dropped connections. However, the majority of my players are windows users and are the ones encountering these problems. After polling some of the players it seems like the ones with missing buttons are operating little netbooks while playing poker. Because of the small screens and lower rez settings, they have to scale down the playing tables. It seems like shortly after they do this that the missing buttons start. I don't know if this could actually be the cause of it, but thought i'd share the info so that we can go through the process of elimination to narrow it down.
They are not running notebooks, these are all players that i play battlefield 2 with and most of them run 3+gh processors with 4+mb of ram and 20-24 inch monitors. i have talked with them all regarding that comment.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:
Kent Briggs wrote:
Yes. but it is not just that! some players reported that the ready button didnt show and others that when they click ready it leaves them sitting out.
I assume you're running the latest (2.65) version? Does it always happen when they were playing other tables at the time their tourney started?
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

90% of the time, yes.