no reraise all in allowed after someone goes all in first.

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Frankenskid

no reraise all in allowed after someone goes all in first.

Post by Frankenskid »

I have noticed that there is a problem with the software when a person goes all in, then any following players cannot raise again, they can just call or fold. This is wrong and needs to be fixed immediately. I play on the eoh poker site, so query them for version info etc. Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: no reraise all in allowed after someone goes all in first.

Post by Kent Briggs »

Frankenskid wrote:I have noticed that there is a problem with the software when a person goes all in, then any following players cannot raise again, they can just call or fold. This is wrong and needs to be fixed immediately. I play on the eoh poker site, so query them for version info etc. Thanks.
Post a hand history example of this please. If the all-in bet is not a full raise (or re-raise), then it's treated as just a call in no-limit play and the players following that can only raise if they have yet to act in the round. Are you sure that wasn't the situation you witnessed? See Rule #3 in Section 14 in Robert's Rules of Poker:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/R ... #section14
cuervo5150

Post by cuervo5150 »

I recall the same issue a few times before as well. However, a few updates have been applied since then and I have not had that issue come up on my system again. I can't remember what patch it was though, but I do remember that I noticed I was able to re-raise an all-in to to and force another player to fold. I noticed that Eoh is still running an older software version and a beta at that.

cuervo5150
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote:I recall the same issue a few times before as well. However, a few updates have been applied since then and I have not had that issue come up on my system again. I can't remember what patch it was though, but I do remember that I noticed I was able to re-raise an all-in to to and force another player to fold. I noticed that Eoh is still running an older software version and a beta at that.
cuervo5150
Yeah getting people to upgrade is like pulling teeth. Some other bugs have been fixed but there haven't been any changes in regards to betting since the version they have. I've played there a few times myself recently and haven't noticed any problems.