Mouse Stops Working after you use Touchscreen

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
DeltaSharkAK

Mouse Stops Working after you use Touchscreen

Post by DeltaSharkAK »

Hello Kent,

I have noticed that if you have a touchscreen (such as a laptop, or tablet) with a mouse or mousepad. The mouse devices will stop working once you use the touchscreen. The touchscreen continues to work, but the only way to get back to be able to use the mouse is to re-launch the client.

I did a little bit of searching on the forum, but haven't seen a definitive answer or fix.

Thanks and love the software!
AK
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Stops Working after you use Touchscreen

Post by Kent Briggs »

I've heard that before. I'm pretty sure it's a function of the hardware drivers and not something I can do anything about in the code.
Robbi1k

Post by Robbi1k »

I raised this before. Some simple click events do fire. Not knowing the code, are you sure there is no code blocking events that are not reset properly. Is touch events treated slightly differently to click events. Never seen this behaviour on any website before.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Ok, I hooked up a bluetooth keyboard/mousepad to a Windows 10 tablet and sure enough, everything works fine until I touch the screen. The mouse clicks stop working even though the mouse cursor still functions. However I am able to close a table and the lobby by clicking the X in the upper right corner. So if that works I should be able to make other clicks work also, especially since I have a way to reproduce the issue.