Site freezes with Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
jd5253

Site freezes with Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus

Post by jd5253 »

I am a player on an affiliate poker site and I have an issue with the site freezing mid game on my Kindle Fire. I know its a cheap tablet, but it runs everything else web based really well and consistently test out at over 200 Mbps on my wifi.

The issue usually happens when it's someone else's turn. Their icon will start blinking, indicating it is their turn and will just keep blinking until I reload the page. Basically it's like I temporarily lose connection and it will work again for several minutes and then happen allover again.

The site works just fine on my laptop and phone, just keep having this issue on the Fire tablet.

Any tips or advice?

Thanks,

Jake
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Site freezes with Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus

Post by Kent Briggs »

Does the entire interface freeze up or can you still navigate the tabs, pull down menus, etc?
jd5253

Post by jd5253 »

I can still do everything else. It's like it's just stuck on the other player's turn and never times them out. It will just stay like that until I refresh the page and then it will all go back to normal
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

jd5253 wrote:It will just stay like that until I refresh the page and then it will all go back to normal
By "refresh the page" do you mean using the browser refresh function that reloads the site (and makes you log back in)? If so, what happens if you just tap the table menu and select "Refresh window"?

Also, does the Kindle Fire use stock Chrome as the browser?