Can't connect to server from inside my own network

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
jja412

Can't connect to server from inside my own network

Post by jja412 »

Just changed routers to a Ubiquiti ER-X, so probably something on that side. Not sure what to look for, though. After setting everything up, I can play on Mavens from the "Client" launch, but if I try to access through PokerMavens.net,
"This site can’t be reached
97.91.212.39 refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

However, my players (who don't use my LAN) can connect through pokermavens.net, as normal. Tried on my laptop and desktop, neither gets through. Any ideas??
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect to server from inside my own network

Post by Kent Briggs »

Most likely your new router either doesn't support NAT Loopback (which means you cannot connect to your own internet IP address from inside your network) or that feature is disabled in the router's settings. Google "Ubiquiti ER-X NAT Loopback" and see if that turns up anything. Of course you can always connect to your Local IP address instead from inside your network and localhost (127.0.0.1) from the server itself.
jja412

Re: Can't connect to server from inside my own network

Post by jja412 »

Kent Briggs wrote:Most likely your new router either doesn't support NAT Loopback (which means you cannot connect to your own internet IP address from inside your network) or that feature is disabled in the router's settings. Google "Ubiquiti ER-X NAT Loopback" and see if that turns up anything. Of course you can always connect to your Local IP address instead from inside your network and localhost (127.0.0.1) from the server itself.
NAT Loopback is supported, and was enabled. I had a mistake in my port settings. I had one ethernet slot selected for my LAN interface instead of "switch0."

Looks like everything is working right now. Thanks again for the fast reply!!

Joe