pmserver crashes when tournaments are running

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: pmserver crashes when tournaments are running

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:i read session ids and with sendMessage api i tell every one that player x won the jackpot, if the sessionid is disconnected , can this cause the crash or violationaccess errors?
I just tried that using the API Reference utility and it doesn't cause any problems. The API call returns "Ok" and there are no errors recorded.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

By the way, are your using PHP/Curl for your API calls? If so try inserting this command in with the other curl options:

Code: Select all

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_FORBID_REUSE, true);
I haven't tested it myself but that is supposed to drop the connection once it completes. I'm wondering if that will fix your problem with the "Max FP Connections Per IP" setting on your API calls.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

i am using asp.net mvc ,
i sole the problem of calling api with api access ip withelist option
i was suspect for sendmessage api for the source of the crashesh,
i developed a backgoomon by nodejs and when i want to send message to a socket that is already disconnected i was facing with some exceptions ,
i thinked maybe the cause of crash is may be sendmessage to a session id that is already disconnected
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:i am using asp.net mvc
It probably has a similar option to manually drop the connection when competed.
i sole the problem of calling api with api access ip withelist option
The "Max FP Connection Per IP" setting does not currently look at the API Whitelist setting. So it could still throttle your API calls.
i thinked maybe the cause of crash is may be sendmessage to a session id that is already disconnected
I assume you mean ConnectionsMessage in the API. Like I mentioned above, using that command on a disconnected SessionID did not cause any issues when I tested it.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

tnx
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

Hi Again ,
I get all users with api accountslist for calculating rakeback , and i will set erak=0 for all users what they have erake (with accountedit)
does this feature may be the source of the crash ?
in will do this three times a day , if there is any tournament run or player is online , can it makes many problems ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:and i will set erak=0 for all users what they have erake (with accountedit)
If you're calling AccountsEdit hundreds (or thousands) of times in a short amount of time then it could cause an issue. Monitor the thread count the next time you do that and see what it does.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

I,ve put a thread.sleep(500);
to wait 500 ms before each accountsEdit,
with this j will call accountsedit just 2 persecond, is it ok?
tnx , but my main question was different , I am asking if a player is online and is playing (the rake is continuously change)
when i want to edit his account , if at the same time you want to update his erake , and me want to reset his erake via accountedit api (if this timing happen), is this situation potentially cause a crash ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:I,ve put a thread.sleep(500);
to wait 500 ms before each accountsEdit,
with this j will call accountsedit just 2 persecond, is it ok?
Probably, but you need to monitor the thread count to see.
tnx , but my main question was different , I am asking if a player is online and is playing (the rake is continuously change)
when i want to edit his account , if at the same time you want to update his erake , and me want to reset his erake via accountedit api (if this timing happen), is this situation potentially cause a crash ?
No, that is safe.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

You should patch up to 6.11 as I just added a couple of features that should help: thread count display and a new "Max connection whitelist" setting.