pmserver crashes when tournaments are running

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
elia.nm07

Re: pmserver crashes when tournaments are running

Post by elia.nm07 »

i turned off all call backs ,
if i set the timer option of call backs to some thing like 3600 , all the call back will fire just once per hour ?
for example i set this option to 3600 , and i turn on hand event , and in each hour for example 1000 hand is playing ,
does 1000 api call will fire at end of every hour ?
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

does calling api of maven like accountsget(for fetching user info like balance and ...) also create a seperate thread ?
some of client just login in web application for ticketing or some thing else but i must show them their balance in the web application , if the logins of web application growth does it cause to makes more and more threads on the maven ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:i turned off all call backs ,
if i set the timer option of call backs to some thing like 3600 , all the call back will fire just once per hour ?
for example i set this option to 3600 , and i turn on hand event , and in each hour for example 1000 hand is playing ,
does 1000 api call will fire at end of every hour ?
The timer callback event is independent of the other callback events. Setting it to 3600 will make it go off once per hour but all of your other enabled callback events will fire normally as they happen.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:does calling api of maven like accountsget(for fetching user info like balance and ...) also create a seperate thread ?
Yes, every API call creates a thread. The thread is deleted once the call returns but it could linger for several seconds before actually getting freed from memory.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

i found some thing
some of my users uses vpn for connecting to my site , and some vpns can not work with websockets ,
in this situation the user calls f5 for refresh many many times , and because i recieve the reuest i call api for get a new seesion key !
and for each user that behaves this something about 20-30 thread will create , but these threads doesnt kill so fast ! and if i have 50 user these only creates 1000 threads(the threads will kill after 15 -20 mins)
i set up proccess explore on my vps for investigating the thread but unlike normal pc's the option show threads for all proccesses is not exist , i think now may be the vps has some configurations that is not approprite for poker maven
the os is windows server 2016
how do u think ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Do you have Process Explorer v16.26? I only have Windows Server 2012 but it looks about the same to me running there as it does on my local Windows 7 desktop. PMServer.exe is under the explorer.exe node and it shows all the threads running.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

i get the latest one , but i only show the pmserver.exe not the threads,
this the max ff per ip and max pp per ip I partialy mitigate the thread problem , but i think there is some thing wrong with my vps that it doesn show the threads with proccess explorer
but there is something bad with ff max per ip , my webapplicationserver and maven server is apart from another with this config , my webaaplication cannot work fine , is there any config for whitelisting for file port ?
or if i put maven in application server , does maven whitelist api requests of local requests ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:i get the latest one , but i only show the pmserver.exe not the threads
When you double-click on pmserver.exe, it should display a popup window and there should be a Threads tab there. Show me a screenshot of what you see there.
but there is something bad with ff max per ip , my webapplicationserver and maven server is apart from another with this config , my webaaplication cannot work fine , is there any config for whitelisting for file port ?
or if i put maven in application server , does maven whitelist api requests of local requests ?
I don't understand what you are asking here but since you are using Cloudflare, make sure Server Settings -> Proxy IP header is set to "CF-Connecting-IP" so that Poker Mavens knows the player's true IP address. Otherwise the Max XX Connections Per IP settings will only see the handful of IPs that Cloudflare uses and you won't get many players able to connect.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

i set that ip header , but my webapplication working with api of maven and be cause of max ff per ip some time maven doesnt repond to it
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:i set that ip header , but my webapplication working with api of maven and be cause of max ff per ip some time maven doesnt repond to it
I don't know what webapplication you are referring to. And on that screenshot of Process Explorer, see the "Threads" tab at the top, what does that show when you click it?