Strange behavior since 2.45 upgrade

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
rjones33

Strange behavior since 2.45 upgrade

Post by rjones33 »

Kent,

I have seen some strange behavior on my server tonight since I upgraded this afternoon. A buddy and I were playing a heads up game tonight and I kept seeing 2's on the flop every hand. My buddy was not seeing the same flop that I was. I stopped and restarted the server and we tried again with the same result. I restarted the server and tested again and got a screen shot of what I am seeing. I don't have any errors in the server log when this is happening. Anyone else having any issues like this? Thanks...
245_bug.gif
245_bug.gif (171.74 KiB) Viewed 9816 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Strange behavior since 2.45 upgrade

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33 wrote:Kent,
I have seen some strange behavior on my server tonight since I upgraded this afternoon. A buddy and I were playing a heads up game tonight and I kept seeing 2's on the flop every hand. My buddy was not seeing the same flop that I was. I stopped and restarted the server and we tried again with the same result. I restarted the server and tested again and got a screen shot of what I am seeing. I don't have any errors in the server log when this is happening. Anyone else having any issues like this? Thanks...
It's got to be related to the new card back graphic feature. Your client is not flipping the cards over correctly after they were dealt. For some reason it's changing the image but only showing the 1st of the 52 frames, which happens to be the 2 of clubs. Previously the card back was the 53rd frame but I had to move that to a separate image to make it customizable. If you bring up the Windows Task Manager, is your CPU maxing out at 100% when cards are dealt? It's odd how one of the 3 flop cards was ok.
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Kent,

After further review I think it might be the browser. I am using Google Chrome when this is happening. Everything seems fine when I use IE or FireFox and I switch back to Chrome and everything is a 2. After reviewing the hand histories, it looks like they are correct and it's just a case of Browser/Flash incompatibility which is strange because I have used Chrome quite a bit without error. Anyway, I will do some research tomorrow... Thanks.
Demented

Post by Demented »

I can confirm this strange behavior.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33 wrote:Kent,

After further review I think it might be the browser. I am using Google Chrome when this is happening.
I just installed Chrome at it works ok for me locally. Point your Chrome browser to this page and let me know what Flash version it shows:

http://www.whatismyflash.com/
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Kent Briggs wrote:I just installed Chrome at it works ok for me locally. Point your Chrome browser to this page and let me know what Flash version it shows:

http://www.whatismyflash.com/
Kent,
Here are the results from Chrome. I noticed that in Demented's post, the error was happening in the FireFox browser, so I definitely think the error is flash related and not tied to a specific browser. Sounds like you have a good idea what is happening already. Thanks..

Installed Flash Player: 10.0.22
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33 wrote: Kent,
Here are the results from Chrome. I noticed that in Demented's post, the error was happening in the FireFox browser, so I definitely think the error is flash related and not tied to a specific browser. Sounds like you have a good idea what is happening already. Thanks..

Installed Flash Player: 10.0.22
That's the same Flash version that my Chrome is using. I think it may be a timing issue with setting the frame number too quickly before the image itself had time to change from the card back to the card front. I'll probably have to post a "reverse" 2.45 to 2.40 patch while I figure this out.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I've created 2.45 to 2.40 downgrade patches if anyone wants to go back while I fix this issue:

Lite: http://www.briggsoft.com/temp/pm245240.exe

Pro: http://www.briggsoft.com/temp/pp245240.exe

Gold: http://www.briggsoft.com/temp/pg245240.exe

If you had set any avatar numbers to 0, you'll need to set them back to a number from 1 to 64.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Thanks Kent, I went ahead and downgraded until you track the issue down. I have to say though, I am excited about things to come. I think the custom avatar is a great addition and it worked like a champ. Will be glad to beta when you get ready to test some fixes.. Thanks. :ugeek: