Argument out of Range

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Troumbomb

Argument out of Range

Post by Troumbomb »

Sometimes, randomly, when using the console to increment or decrement balances, when I enter the amount and hit OK, a warning pops up saying "Argument out of Range" and does not change their balance. Strangely, when it's doing this and I try to add/remove a ticket, the same warning pops up but it still will add/remove the ticket.

The only way I've found to alleviate this is to close and restart the console. Sometimes it will randomly stop doing it before I do restart it, but normally it doesn't. It's happened twice in the past 3 days; the last time it happened was a couple weeks back. Any suggestions?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Argument out of Range

Post by Kent Briggs »

How large of numbers are you using when this happens?
Troumbomb

Post by Troumbomb »

Kent Briggs wrote:How large of numbers are you using when this happens?
Under 1000. Whether it's .01 or 100 it happens.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Which version are you running? Does this only happen in the Windows console? What about from the Remote Admin interface? Do any messages get recorded in the Error Log or is it just a popup error?
Troumbomb

Post by Troumbomb »

Kent Briggs wrote:Which version are you running? Does this only happen in the Windows console? What about from the Remote Admin interface? Do any messages get recorded in the Error Log or is it just a popup error?
6.05 Gold, although it's been happening with every version of Gold since first purchased in April of this year. It does not do it if i connect to the remote administration and update balances that way, normally that's what I resort to doing if it doesn't let up.

No error messages get recorded to the error log, it's just a popup error.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

That's weird, I haven't had any other reports like this. Just to be clear, on the Accounts tab you are clicking the Chips button on the toolbar, selecting "Increment primary balance", typing in an amount and clicking Ok (or pressing Enter), is that correct? But this only happens randomly?

I tried typing in some bogus number mixed with letters or number over 20 digits long but I don't get an error, it just leaves the amount prompt up when I do that. Not sure what the "argument" is being referred to in the error message. If you can detect some kind of pattern that reproduces the error, that would help me track it down.
Troumbomb

Post by Troumbomb »

Yes. Select name -> Chips -> Increment Primary Balance -> Enter amount -> OK -> Error (and then also happens with tickets, but still adds/removes the ticket).

I'll try to keep better track of when it happens. It went away today (stemming from last night) without restarting the program. No clue why.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Now fixed in 6.06