DST & Tourney Start Times

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Tuck Fheman

DST & Tourney Start Times

Post by Tuck Fheman »

I just noticed when I set a couple of tourneys up to start on Nov 4th, they show on the poker server to be starting an hour ahead of when I set them to start. At this point I'm assuming it's due to Daylight Savings Time taking place on 11/4 at 2AM and my tourneys I have set to start at 11 AM and 5 PM, show as 10 AM and 4 PM on the server.

So I'm confused and assume my players will be. Will the time change to the set time in the tourney settings on 11/4 or is this not supposed to be this way?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: DST & Tourney Start Times

Post by Kent Briggs »

The poker server doesn't know in advance that the server will fall back an hour Sunday morning (it's different in every country) so the UTC calculation is based on what the server is currently reporting. The reported start times should correct themselves at that time. The only way around that would be to disable DST in your Windows settings and manually adjust the time accordingly or just use the Site News feature and let your players know what is happening.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Ok, I think I've found a solution. Since I wrote the original code, Delphi has added some new time routines that properly calculate UTC time on future dates that cross the DST boundary. I won't have a formal release ready by Sunday but if you (or anyone else) wants to test a beta, contact me via email with your v6 license key.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

No issues with v6.06b1, and the times adjusted to DST, thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Now fixed in 6.06