Error showing prior to client crashes

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
needsupport22

Error showing prior to client crashes

Post by needsupport22 »

https://gyazo.com/fd575dee5fab446b5dfb6b44100a91ca
Besides these pop-ups nothing relevant shows in the error logs, could you please figure out the cause for these? Running 5.22 Gold 64 Bit.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Error showing prior to client crashes

Post by Kent Briggs »

Could you post the full size image? I can't quite read the address from those thumbnail images. Also, when you say "client crashes" do you really mean server crashes? What are your login counts, memory, cpu, and thread loads when you experience a crash?
needsupport22

Post by needsupport22 »

The PM client stops responding, freezes and needs to be closed and restarted is what I mean happens. Our server hardware is not of issue, logins were only at 175 when we've been online with 400+ before.
Access violation at address 000000000040E8D5 in module 'PMServer.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Poker Mavens is a client/server gaming system. The "client" is the player interface running in the browser. The server could still be out of memory or system resources even though the login count was not as high as before. That will trigger errors at random addresses depending on what process just happened to be requesting memory at the time.
needsupport22

Post by needsupport22 »

Yes Kent of course I am talking about the actual software that crashes as I mentioned it needs to be force closed and restarted, the hardware is at maximum stressed at 5-10% of the maximum yet this error which continuously shows even during normal runs (when the program is not crashing or under load) (Not different types of errors too, this specific one) if you can just match the code to the type of error, you've built the error pop-ups so there should be some reference to what the issue is that causes this type of error code to show?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

needsupport22 wrote:Yes Kent of course I am talking about the actual software that crashes as I mentioned it needs to be force closed and restarted, the hardware is at maximum stressed at 5-10% of the maximum yet this error which continuously shows even during normal runs (when the program is not crashing or under load) (Not different types of errors too, this specific one) if you can just match the code to the type of error, you've built the error pop-ups so there should be some reference to what the issue is that causes this type of error code to show?
That address traced deep into a string handling function in the compiler's system unit. So it could have originated from anywhere. Checking the CPU usage is not enough. The thread load accounts for the biggest stress factor. You can use PerfMon in Windows to log that for you so it can be checked after a crash:

http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/viewtop ... 8674#p8674