privileged instruction

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
galnaveh

Re: privileged instruction

Post by galnaveh »

don't have 64 bit, but i did start a fresh new copy on my local computer and copied all settings from server and still same issue
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

galnaveh wrote:don't have 64 bit, but i did start a fresh new copy on my local computer and copied all settings from server and still same issue
What happens if you start from scratch on your local PC. All default settings. Add a single ring table and two test accounts. Play on 127.0.0.1:8087. Does that crash? If not, slowly move that test setup towards your production setup and test at every step until you find what breaks it.
galnaveh

Post by galnaveh »

Same issue i think it might be some software or application that does that
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

galnaveh wrote:Same issue i think it might be some software or application that does that
You're getting that "privileged instruction" access violation on a completely separate machine with a fresh install and bare-bones setup? That makes no sense at all. I have no idea what the problem could be. Does the PMServer.exe file pass the digital signature verification? Right-click it in Windows Explorer, select Properties, Digital Signatures tab, select the "Briggs Softworks sha1" line and lick the Details button. It should say "This digital signature is Ok". Do the same for the sha256 line (only appears in recent releases).
galnaveh

Post by galnaveh »

Hi i'm trying to rethink about when it's stop to working the only think that i remember that
in the same day i made a reboot and windows update for the server, do you know about any windows update that could make that happen ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

galnaveh wrote:do you know about any windows update that could make that happen ?
No, no one else has reported this error. Have you run "System Restore" to go back to a previous restore point?
galnaveh

Post by galnaveh »

not yet, i wanted to avoid that.
RafalNiewinski

Post by RafalNiewinski »

It is strange, maybe seriously your binary file is corrupted.
The problem must be in some of this: binary corruption, corrupted Mavens data files, specific environment (hardware and windows).
You must replace each of them one after the other, reinstall Poker Mavens, if nothing run without your data folder, if nothing test on different computer with different windows like desktop in exchange for server edition.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

RafalNiewinski wrote:It is strange, maybe seriously your binary file is corrupted.
Running the digital signature test (as I described above) would test for that.