Page 3 of 4

Re: WSServerConnect error: Out of memory

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:39 am
by Kent Briggs
If you still have the pg436setup.exe file, just run it again and select the 64-bit option.

Re: WSServerConnect error: Out of memory

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:26 pm
by BitingBummer
Kent Briggs wrote:If you still have the pg436setup.exe file, just run it again and select the 64-bit option.

The os that I currently have on the server is a 32 bit, so It's not relevant until I'll move to a 64-bit os.
But theoretically, will it solve the problem?

Re: WSServerConnect error: Out of memory

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:45 pm
by Kent Briggs
BitingBummer wrote:The os that I currently have on the server is a 32 bit, so It's not relevant until I'll move to a 64-bit os.
But theoretically, will it solve the problem?


Yeah, you'll need a 64-bit version of Windows. The 64-bit edition will have access to all available memory on your system and thus will have more system resources available for more connections. However, that won't matter if the lag is caused by a slow CPU or slow internet connection.

Re: WSServerConnect error: Out of memory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:47 pm
by BitingBummer
What does it mean when I access the website and it stuck on "Connecting..." ? The max sessions has been reached maybe?

Re: WSServerConnect error: Out of memory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:05 pm
by Kent Briggs
BitingBummer wrote:What does it mean when I access the website and it stuck on "Connecting..." ? The max sessions has been reached maybe?


You would get a popup message about exceeding the maximum connection limit in that case. Check the error console in your browser (Ctrl-Shift-J in most browsers) and see if there is an error listed.

Re: WSServerConnect error: Out of memory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:40 pm
by BitingBummer
Kent Briggs wrote:
BitingBummer wrote:What does it mean when I access the website and it stuck on "Connecting..." ? The max sessions has been reached maybe?


You would get a popup message about exceeding the maximum connection limit in that case. Check the error console in your browser (Ctrl-Shift-J in most browsers) and see if there is an error listed.

Poker mavens just freezed and got into the non-responding state. I had to relaunch it and unfortunately had to kick 150 players out of my server.

Re: WSServerConnect error: Out of memory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:39 pm
by Kent Briggs
BitingBummer wrote:Poker mavens just freezed and got into the non-responding state. I had to relaunch it and unfortunately had to kick 150 players out of my server.


Was anything recorded in the Poker Mavens error log?

Re: WSServerConnect error: Out of memory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:36 am
by BitingBummer
Kent Briggs wrote:
BitingBummer wrote:Poker mavens just freezed and got into the non-responding state. I had to relaunch it and unfortunately had to kick 150 players out of my server.


Was anything recorded in the Poker Mavens error log?

It was happening between 19:30-20:00

The event log shows just this:

2015-03-06 01:46:32|Listing|Update pokermavens.net
2015-03-06 01:46:34|System|Game server stopped
2015-03-06 19:58:35|Account|-- +--- balance --- (Crash Recovery)

It seems that for some reason it didn't write to the log at all. What is the frequency that you flush the log buffer?

Also, What does it mean?
2015-03-06 01:46:32|Listing|Update pokermavens.net

I always see this and don't understand what is it.

Re: WSServerConnect error: Out of memory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:04 am
by BitingBummer
Also, what are these?

2015-03-06 20:04:36|Connection denied to x due to client/server version mismatch (4.36/4.04)
2015-03-06 20:04:48|Connection denied to x due to client/server version mismatch (4.36/4.04)
2015-03-06 20:05:49|Connection denied to x due to client/server version mismatch (4.36/4.04)
2015-03-06 20:07:16|Connection denied to y due to client/server version mismatch (4.36/4.04)
2015-03-06 20:07:59|Connection denied to z due to client/server version mismatch (4.36/4.04)
2015-03-06 20:09:44|Connection denied to z due to client/server version mismatch (4.36/4.04)
2015-03-06 20:10:19|Connection denied to a due to client/server version mismatch (4.36/4.04)

I got these after I relaunched the server.

Re: WSServerConnect error: Out of memory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:36 am
by Kent Briggs
BitingBummer wrote:Also, what are these?
2015-03-06 20:04:36|Connection denied to x due to client/server version mismatch (4.36/4.04)


That means that those players are using a copy of the old client to try to connect to your server. Either their browser cache did not update correctly and needs to be manually flushed, or they are running a bot that has the old version hard coded into it.