sound with chrome?

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: sound with chrome?

Post by Kent Briggs »

agustin wrote:The site continues having problems in Chrome.
Ok, now when I observe your ring tables, I get no sound in Chrome. Bring up the debug window in the client but long-clicking on the Help menu (which is labeled "Ayuda" on your site). Are you seeing a bunch of Audio errors? I'm getting one every time it tries to make a sound: "TypeError: undefined is not a function". I wasn't seeing that before when I observed one of your tournaments. I wonder if it's related to the custom scripting you have? I noticed you are using an older version of JQuery whereas Poker Mavens uses JQuery 2.0.1. Not sure if that's a factor or not. May be related to the Spanish language. Not sure yet.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Now I'm getting sound errors in Chrome on every site I try, including my own demo site. I swear that was working earlier today. What's different about Chrome is that it uses the newer "Web Audio" spec instead of the older "HTML Audio" spec that IE, Opera, and FireFox use. Anyway, I should be able to hunt down the bug now that I see the issue on my own demo site.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote:I swear that was working earlier today.
I think the difference between now and earlier today is that my copy of Chrome updated itself from version 35 to version 36. Also my implementation of Web Audio is using the preliminary "webkit" version. My guess is that Google dropped support for that and now supports the finalized version, which I will convert to real soon. The audio still works on iOS devices, which also use webkit audio.
Raventhon

Post by Raventhon »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Kent Briggs wrote:I swear that was working earlier today.
I think the difference between now and earlier today is that my copy of Chrome updated itself from version 35 to version 36. Also my implementation of Web Audio is using the preliminary "webkit" version. My guess is that Google dropped support for that and now supports the finalized version, which I will convert to real soon. The audio still works on iOS devices, which also use webkit audio.
It's definitely an issue with the very-recent Chrome update - I'm not sure why they changed things, but they did. I look forward to the update.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Raventhon wrote:It's definitely an issue with the very-recent Chrome update - I'm not sure why they changed things, but they did. I look forward to the update.
I've confirmed the issue now. I was starting sound effects in my WebAudio code with a deprecated function called "noteOn" whereas I should have been using the newer "start" function. Google just now dropped support for noteOn in Chrome 36. This affects all 4.xx versions of Poker Mavens. I've already fixed it internally, I just need to wrap up some other unrelated items before releasing the update. Maybe later today, tomorrow at the latest.