Resizing tables causes menus to bug out

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Raventhon

Resizing tables causes menus to bug out

Post by Raventhon »

Sometimes when resizing tables (not always, but usually) in Chrome causes the Menu / Leave / Close Table buttons to no longer function. I feel that this might not be intended behavior. It's only fixable by reloading the page.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Resizing tables causes menus to bug out

Post by Kent Briggs »

Raventhon wrote:Sometimes when resizing tables (not always, but usually) in Chrome causes the Menu / Leave / Close Table buttons to no longer function. I feel that this might not be intended behavior. It's only fixable by reloading the page.
I haven't had any other reports of this. Which version of Poker Mavens? Does that happen to you with any other browsers?
Raventhon

Post by Raventhon »

Appears to not happen in Firefox but does happen in Chrome.

Mavens 4.13.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Raventhon wrote:Appears to not happen in Firefox but does happen in Chrome.
Mavens 4.13.
I tested it with Chrome 33.0.1750.154 m, resizing both ring and tournament tables and could not get the table menus to malfunction.
Raventhon

Post by Raventhon »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Raventhon wrote:Appears to not happen in Firefox but does happen in Chrome.
Mavens 4.13.
I tested it with Chrome 33.0.1750.154 m, resizing both ring and tournament tables and could not get the table menus to malfunction.
It still happens occasionally for me, and I just got a report from another user also on Chrome with the same issue. So, it's definitely happening, and it's definitely a Chrome issue. Any suggestions other than 'don't use Chrome'?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Raventhon wrote:It still happens occasionally for me, and I just got a report from another user also on Chrome with the same issue. So, it's definitely happening, and it's definitely a Chrome issue. Any suggestions other than 'don't use Chrome'?
I've had one other report of this but so far I can't duplicate it. It's probably a CSS issue. My only suggestion is to see if you can intentionally trigger it on command such that you can provide specific instructions so I can replicate it myself.
Raventhon

Post by Raventhon »

It's an interesting bug -- sometimes it doesn't do it, sometimes it does. Usually when it does, there's a bit of a flash as the graphics catch up to the resized table. Only way I can replicate it is by playing at a ring game and stretching it after being seated.
Raventhon

Post by Raventhon »

Another thing I've noticed -- the flash occurs when the graphics handler processes the resize correctly. If the table flashes, menus work as they should. If you attempt to resize the tables and the flash doesn't occur, the cards look a little wonky and pixelated and the menus don't work.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Raventhon wrote:Another thing I've noticed -- the flash occurs when the graphics handler processes the resize correctly. If the table flashes, menus work as they should. If you attempt to resize the tables and the flash doesn't occur, the cards look a little wonky and pixelated and the menus don't work.
Please make a screen shot of this condition and send it to my email. When I resize a table in Chrome, it looks pretty smooth to me no matter what the size.
Raventhon

Post by Raventhon »

I've had this issue reported again by 3-4 different players.

I'm going to attempt to record video of it happening, as it's really difficult to replicate.